Amazon WorkSpaces is a managed desktop computing service built on the AWS cloud. It allows customers to easily provision cloud-based desktops that provide a full computing environment to the users. These desktops can be accessed via the WorkSpaces application that can be installed on the device of your choice like a laptop, iPad, Kindle Fire, Android tablet, or even a zero clients. The desktops are provisioned using the AWS Management Console or via the AWS SDK. Once provisioned the users can download an application from https://clients.amazonworkspaces.com/ and seamlessly connect and use their desktop at a fraction of the cost of traditional desktops or incumbent VDI solutions.
As a member of WorkSpaces Client team, you will have the opportunity to build world class, enterprise quality mobile and desktop applications using the latest technologies in cross platform development. You will learn about real time streaming protocols and cloud based client software applications. You will build applications that will integrate with modern authentication techniques to deliver a secure and optimal remote computing experience on devices of various form factors
From a customer point of view, it is an opportunity to delight our customers in both user experience and simplicity. From an engineering perspective, it is a great opportunity to build cross platform client applications using the latest technologies as well as build native cloud software using the industry leading AWS platform.
Bachelor/Master degree in Computer Science or equivalent
· 5 years of software development experience
· Strong skills in developing client application for multiple platforms like Windows, Android, iOS, macOS
. Knowledge in iOS, Android and Windows is needed.
. Strong knowledge of data structures, algorithms, platform/industry best practices
· Masters or Ph.D. in Computer Science with 5 years of experience or Bachelor degree and 10 years of experience in stand alone or client server desktop or mobile applications
· Demonstrable experience in designing and building highly effective user experiences (UX) for mobile or desktop applications.
· Mastery in C++ or C# and .NET technology
· Experience using Xamarin or Apache Cordova or other popular Cross platform application development frameworks.
· Previous experience working in an Agile development environment
· Demonstrated ability to achieve stretch goals in a fast paced environment
· Ability to work well with people.
· Excellent leadership, verbal, and written communication skills