Developmental Test Team member job posting
Project Description - JRSS:
JRSS is a Department of Defense (DoD) program that creates a single, standardized, network security architecture, which will eventually support more than 95 percent of the DoD’s network. JRSS performs firewall functions, intrusion detection and prevention, enterprise management, virtual routing and forwarding (VRF), and a host of network security capabilities. By deploying JRSS, DISA centralized the security of its networks into regional architectures, moving away from the more vulnerable, locally distributed architectures that are spread across each military base, post, camp, or station.
As a Network Security Engineer, you will support the Joint Interoperability Test Command (JITC) customer with developmental test and evaluation of individual Joint Regional Security Stack (JRSS) components, component integration, and overall system operational verification and validation. You will work in accordance with the test plan development and approval process, while adhering to all JITC standards, and ensuring compliance with DOT&E cybersecurity requirements.
Responsibilities will include:
- Identifying applicable test requirements from customer provided documents or requirements that have been specified by the customer specifically for a test.
- Development of test-specific test plans to include a description of the test background, the test purpose, applicable test requirements, the test scope, test limitations, test methodology, design diagrams and how the test results will be captured.
- Development and presentation of Test Readiness Review PowerPoint slide deck that includes the test date(s), test objective, test participants, test assessment areas, test dependencies, test architecture, site readiness status, system readiness status, and testers readiness status.
- Test preparation. Setting up architectures defined in the test plan. Coordinating any hardware installs, license updates, cabling/re-cabling, SW downloads, etc. working closely with the Lab Subject Matter Experts (SME) team.
- Test execution. Running the test and evaluating the results to ensure that all required data to assess the System Under Test (SUT) has been collected.
- Development and presentation of a Quick Look Report (Test Report) slide deck that includes the Test Date(s), Test Objective, Test Participants, Test Assessment Areas, Test Dependencies, Test Configuration, Test Methodology, Test Architecture, and pertinent Test Results (such as Summary, Connections per Second, Bandwidth, Functional Requirements Results, and Raw Data).
- Ability to assist in requirements development and analysis.
- Ability to develop test plans that fully exercise customer-identified needs.
- Typically these could be things such as:
- “Hard” / Quantitative Requirements (e.g. Device must support 30 Gbps throughput)
- “Soft” / Qualitative Requirements or Questions (e.g. “Can this capability support training operators in a production environment”)
- Use Cases (e.g. “Can this device block a URL such as abcd.com”)
- Ability to record test results, analyze data, make conclusions, and present a finished report to the customer in a formal document.
- Ability to conduct analysis of program documents such as implementation guides, operational procedures, or requirements documents. This analysis would have the following benefits:
- Provide additional input/feedback to existing documentation that could have been overlooked during initial reviews (missing requirements, additional testing, etc.)
- Ensure that the T&E team’s test plans and testing approach will meet customer expectations.
- Ability to conduct analysis of available testing methods and identify any potential process improvements.
- Examples include scripting, instrumentation, alternate test architectures, etc.
- Ability to conduct performance and integration/interoperability analysis.
- Understanding of cybersecurity technologies and tools as well as network architectures. Duties would include, but not be limited to, testing of the following both independently and as part of a larger architecture:
- Intrusion Prevention Systems (IPS) and Intrusion Detection Systems (IDS)
- Routers and Switches
- Data Loss Prevention tools
- Full Packet Capture tools
- Web Proxies (forward and reverse)
- Break and Inspect
- VPN (Site to Site and Client Based)
- Various System Infrastructure Tools - e.g. Network Monitoring Systems (NMS), Logging / SIEM Tools (Arcsight, ELK, etc)
- Understanding what these tools do, as well as how they function is critical to this position
- Experience in network architecture and design.
- Understanding of BGP, VRFs, Fabric Switching, Load Balancing, VLAN trunking, and FHRP (HSRP, VRRP and others)
- Ability to understand, manage, and maintain virtual lab environments.
- Especially virtual environments which are designed to simulate a physical network infrastructure
- Experience with Linux (Red Hat).
- Experience with VMware
- Experience with Ixia’s IxLoad and Breaking Point platforms or other traffic generation system
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Ability to work independently and in team settings.
- Ability to adhere to strict document-writing guidelines provided by customers
- Willingness and ability to mentor less experienced staff members.
- Must possess DOD 8570, IAT Level II (Sec+ or equivalent) certification prior to start date or the ability to attain this certification within 90 days of hire.
- Bachelor's degree in Information Technology related discipline or equivalent certifications
- Qualified candidates must maintain an active DoD Secret clearance
SealingTech offers competitive compensation packages, health, dental, and vision insurance, retirement contributions, tuition reimbursement, flexible schedules and generous vacation policies. Perks include monthly catered meals, a stocked kitchen, and company retreats and gatherings. We're looking for a new member to join our team, take on challenges, and be willing to grow with us.
Sealing Technologies, Inc. is an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, or national origin.
As a federal contractor, we provide reasonable accommodations to applicants with disabilities where appropriate. Applicants requiring reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process should contact the Human Resources Department by email at hr @ sealingtech.org or by mail at 7134 Columbia Gateway Drive, Suite 160, Columbia, MD 21046. Determinations on requests for reasonable accommodation are made by the Human Resources Manager and will be made on a case-by-case basis.