Griffith Foods is a global manufacturer of food products. We provide a wide range of taste and texture components for food industry customers throughout the world. Our products include seasoning blends, dry mixes, coating systems, dough blends, crumbs, flavors, sauces and food bases that are used in an extensive variety of application from snack foods and processed meat and poultry to ready meals. Our customers include food processors, restaurant operators and grocery retailers. While our name may not be familiar to consumers, our products are key components of foods offered by many of the world’s best-known companies.
To provide culinary leadership, management and elevation of the Griffith US culinary program and resources that enables a sustainable, profitable and competitive advantage with customers and in the marketplace.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
Knowledge & Requirements:
- Serve as a member of the US leadership team developing and executing overall unit strategies and operating plans.
- Be a steward of the Griffith Purpose and Values in all external and internal actions and activities aligned with the business.
- Partners and collaborates with USLT leadership peers to establish and execute business priorities aligned with the GFUS Purpose Driven Long Term plan, annual operating plan and day to day business/customer priorities.
- Leads development and implementation of the culinary strategic plan and direction for the culinary function that supports the overall Griffith Foods US business vision and strategy.
- Leads in the development and execution of the culinary infrastructure and creation of the 3 year people plan aligned with business requirements.
- Manage the overall Culinary talent management process including development of individual culinary personnel plans (aligned with required functional capabilities and personnel development plans via Talking Talent and Talking Development). Provides ongoing evaluation of culinary talent aligned with required responsibilities. Implementation of change when required based on performance.
- Identifies and manages the required culinary certification and education programs to maintain industry credibility. Build industry recognition for individuals and the entire group.
- Elevates culinary as a core capability by ensuring the application of culinary principles into concept design, development, presentation/communication and utilization of food across all product categories.
- Ensures a solutions approach to concept and opportunity development and related presentations by leveraging and integrating other support capabilities including, but not limited to Consumer Insights, Sensory and Product development, external industry experts/consultants/ecosystems, and Customers.
- In collaboration with Sales, Marketing, Finance and Supply Chain peers ensure that segments are effectively managing their overall performance, using tools (P&L, Scorecard and BI) to ensure achievement of goals.
- Develops, manages, monitors and communicates all functional metrics/goals including budget, initiative/opportunity progress updates, resource investment (ROI) and expenditures as an indicator of effectiveness and efficiency.
- Establishes, in collaboration with direct reports, individual employee goals, appraises job performance, recommended training and provides reviews on a continual basis and in accordance with HR timing requirements. Coaches staff on job performance regularly and provides career planning.
- Manages overall culinary center; general upkeep, annual capital identification, EA execution and management of capital implementation process; inventory control and management of small and large wares; use of center and general activities aligned with presentations.
- Ensures accountability for a culinary account management approach that drives a proactive and sustainable development of culinary personnel relationships at targeted accounts, across and applies culinary skills to plan, lead and execute required opportunities.
- Aligned with Marketing and Product Development, leads in the establishment and execution of new concept development programs for proactive communication to the industry; Aligned with Insights/trends, set guidelines; value propositions.
- Proactively identifies new technology/innovation and processing capabilities/technologies aligned with Culinary
- Aligns with the NA Innovation to enable the creative development and application of innovative technologies and ingredients into customized culinary concepts.
- Lead the establishment of a Food Culture within Griffith Foods US that drives knowledge, passion and interest in food.
- Lead and support in the development and execution of culinary education programs that build ingredient and application excellence aligned with flavor, texture and processing. Training aligned with R&D, Sales, and Marketing.
- Elevates presence and active participation of Culinary within the food and other aligned industries that furthers our impact on associations, industry movements, customer accounts and segments.
- Aligns and is a member of the Global Culinary Council; Participates as a member of the NA Culinary Community of practice and other targeted Communities of practice aligned with Segments, product categories.
- Minimum 2 years’ APS degree of Culinary Arts from accredited institution.
- Advanced certification (e.g. Research Chef – RCA) and/or 4 year accredited university degree aligned with science preferred.
- Minimum 10 years’ professional experience in a commercial kitchen of a foodservice operation or in an industrial organization specializing in the development of new concepts and menu item commercial production.
- Minimum 7 years’ responsibility for supervision of a culinary operation and decision-making as an Executive Sous Chef or Executive Chef de Cuisine or equal leadership position.
- Experience in working directly with customers and culinary management.
- Strong and proven organization and communications skills.
- Ability to think creatively to solve complex problems.
- Effective financial analytic skills with proven ability to develop plans to meet targeted goals.
- Demonstrated experience as a leadership team member that emphasizes collaborative decision making and a high degree of coordination between functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office Applications such as Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook.
- Travel up to 30%.
EEO AA M/F/Vet/Disability