Graduate Water Resources Engineer
ms consultants, inc.
ms consultants, inc. is actively seeking a Water Resources Engineer for immediate employment working in our Columbus, Ohio office. The successful candidate will support the Water Resources group in projects and serving on project teams planning and designing water resources focused infrastructure for public works and privately owned projects.
What You'll Do:
- Completing design work for storm water management/best management practices (BMPs), erosion and sediment control, low impact development (LID) principles of planning and design based on regulatory requirements, with the assistance of Senior Design Staff.
- Candidate will use knowledge in performing hydrologic, hydraulic and water quality analysis and modeling using computerized information services and systems.
- Work as part of a multi-discipline team to coordinate work with various other design teams both inside and outside of the organization.
- Create construction drawings, technical reports and documents to support the water resources group on various projects.
What you’ll Bring:
We are looking for someone who is a creative problem solver, willing and able to communicate design ideas and learn office production workflow in a collaborative, matrixed team environment.
- Excel working individually and in a team environment;
- Have exceptional critical thinking, strong problem solving and decision making abilities,
- Has excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Enjoys working effectively and efficiently within a team environment
- Bachelor’s Degree in Civil Engineering, Environmental Engineering, Biosystems and Agricultural Engineering, or other relevant field.
- Engineering Intern (EI) License preferred or ability to obtain in 12 months;
- Relevant experience in water resources, Environmental or municipal engineering services.
- Capable of using spreadsheet, word processing and standard office software (Word, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Project).
- Experience in planning and design of post construction Stormwater management best management practices and erosion and sediment control design.
- Basic knowledge of industry standard computer software including AutoCAD, Civil 3D, Micro Station, ArcGIS, Modeling (PCSWMM, HEC-RAS (1D, 2D), HEC-HMS, EPANET etc.)
Why Choose ms consultants?
We are proud to be an award-winning engineering, architecture, planning and environmental consulting firm, annually ranking within ENR’s Top 500 Design Firms. We partner with a variety of public and private clients and take pride in the many relationships we have formed by providing quality design solutions since 1963. We are dedicated to helping these clients achieve their goals through integrated, innovative solutions, and outstanding customer service.
As a member of the ms team, we consider your needs as a professional and as an individual outside of work. We offer a career path which provides opportunities for advancement at any level of your career and costs for licensure, certifications, and further education. To support yourself and your family, we offer a robust benefits package with options for health coverage, in addition to life insurance, disability, long-term care, and more. Our comprehensive 401(k) plan with company matching contributions sets you up for the future, from hire to retire. Wherever you are in your personal and professional journey, ms has you covered.
We know work-life balance is important and offer paid time off and flexible work schedules for when you need it, in addition to company paid holiday. Our focus on work-life balance also includes a hybrid work option, giving you the flexibility to work in the office and at home. We’re also able to offer full-time remote work for select position, depending on the role and work requirement.
Talented people… exceptional service… successful solutions
By investing in our people, clients, and communities, we will nurture our philosophy of teamwork, respect, a caring attitude, and excitement, creating opportunities for success.
The ms Commitment to Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
ms is a company that actively promotes anti-racist values and fosters an environment of diversity, equity, and inclusion. This means working together to speak out and take action against all forms of racism, bias, and discrimination, not only in our company but in our community and everyday lives. Read more about ms DEI here.
ms consultants, inc. is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. ms fully supports and maintains compliance with all state, federal, and local regulations. ms does not discriminate against applicants or employees on the basis of race, color, religion, sex (including gender identity, sexual orientation, and pregnancy), national origin, age (40 or older), disability, or genetic information.