Location: Chantilly, VA US
Job Category: Information Technology
Minimum Clearance: Secret
Join CACI as an Operations Lead supporting financial management applications that help our Department of Defense customers plan and budget resources to support our country. We have been supporting our customers for over 20 years with 5 applications across 7 different clients. We continue to develop and implement exciting and complex solutions to support the evolving needs of our customers.
Are you a high-energy self-starter? Do you enjoy variety in your workday and taking ownership over resolving issues? Then you may be the perfect fit! We are looking for an experienced, resourceful Operations Lead with the desire to lead our program’s operations effort. This includes managing production environments and on-time deployment of releases to customer environments, overseeing the production on-site support team, and assisting with IA/accreditation requirements, such as developing POAMs for vulnerabilities and supporting accreditation activities.
We value team members who strive to produce high quality work through collaboration with team members and clients while making a difference through individual contributions to ensure project success for our team and our clients.
This role requires strong analytical and problem-solving skills and the ability to properly prioritize, multi-task, communicate, and follow through on resolving issues. You must be able to work collaboratively with various stakeholders, including our program’s scrum teams and customer server support teams, in an Agile environment to manage deployments to various customers environments and ensure we are delivering solutions to our customers on time. This position is a great opportunity for an experienced, technically focused manager who enjoys interacting with people and has a desire to take on greater knowledge and responsibility. Your contributions will directly impact the success of the customers' mission, our team, and ultimately CACI!
What You’ll Get to Do:
- Responsible for managing all customer production environments and ensuring they are operational.
- Overseeing the infrastructure, systems, services, applications and monitoring its services, jobs and interfaces.
- Helping identify and address any failures, irregularities, and performance issues in the production environments.
- Coordinate with stakeholders to monitor availability, data replication, exports, data synchronization, and scheduled jobs.
- Act as a liaison between the development team and the ISSO/ISSM point of contacts.
- Coordinate with the ISSO/ISSM to support STIGs and accreditation activities required for customer production environments.
- With input from the team, lead the completion of the POA&Ms and apply changes to the production environments based on STIG assessments.
- Experience writing Contingency Plans and other accreditation documentation.
- Assist Release Manager to ensure development environments reflect production environments.
- Work with Release Manager and Product Owner to schedule and support application releases to production.
- Performs remote and on-site production deployments as needed.
- Oversees resolution of deployment related issues and roadblocks.
- Coordinate with Release Manager for utilization of resources for support tickets and impact to release plan.
- Responsible for directly managing the Operations team, which includes the Software Configuration Management Lead, Database Administrator, and on-site support personnel.
- Leads rapid response to quickly resolve issues in production environments.
- Responsible for overseeing production support tickets; proactively communicating ticket status to appropriate stakeholders and helping the team remove impediments related to urgent ticket.
- Coordinates schedule for any on-site support needed by Client Leads on the various project teams.
- Responsible for defining quality metrics for production support tickets and proposing application or process improvements to minimize support tickets as possible.
- Work with Functional and Client Leads to develop and maintain incident management and resolution SOPs.
- Serve as the main POC for customer technical meetings and customer hosting facilities/data centers.
- Responsible for coordination and management of any production server changes, migrations, questions.
- Perform on-site (Arlington locations) migrations and attend customer meetings (appropriately 25% of the time).
You’ll Bring These Qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree (in Computer Science or related field) with a minimum 3.0 GPA.
- Minimum of 5 years of Cyber Security experience and management of DoD hosted application environments.
- Must be IAT Level 3 certified, having earned at least one of the following certifications:
CISSP (or Associate)
- Experience overseeing, evaluating, and supporting the documentation, validation, and assessment processes necessary to assure that existing and new web applications meet DoD cybersecurity, accreditation, and risk requirements. Ensures appropriate treatment of risk, compliance, and assurance from internal and external perspectives.
- Well-developed communication skills, both written and verbal, with team members and customers.
- Proven ability to respond quickly to competing issues and priorities in a fast-paced environment, ensure resolution of issues according to needed deadlines, and follow through with communication of resolution to appropriate stakeholders.
- Experience with the software development life cycle and web application deployments.
- DoD Secret clearance must be Active.
- Experience or desire to work in an Agile environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks with limited oversight.
- Team player who takes initiative and places a primary focus on the success of the team and customers.
- Excellent interpersonal and organizational skills, ability to handle diverse situations, multiple projects and rapidly changing priorities.
- Must have experience working in mission critical, fast-paced environments.
- Able to travel to Arlington and/or Chantilly
- Experience mentoring and guiding junior team members.These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
- Experience with influencing others regarding processes and solutions.
- Experience managing a team of technical professionals.
- Experience with DevOps and building CI/CD pipeline.
- Experience with Windows Server, IIS configuration/administration, and SQL Server (DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing).
- Experience with Team Foundation Server and build management.
- Experience with Air Force and/or Army accreditation activities.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $80,000.00 to $150,000.00 /year
- Agile Environment: 3 years (Preferred)
- Windows Server, IIS configuration/administration: 3 years (Preferred)
- Cybersecurity: 5 years (Preferred)
- DevOps and building CI/CD pipeline: 3 years (Preferred)
- mentoring and guiding junior team members: 3 years (Preferred)
- (DB Design, Query Optimization, Indexing): 3 years (Preferred)
- Operations Lead: 3 years (Required)
- Secret Clearance (Required)
- CASP+,CE, CCNP,Security, CISA, CISSP (or Associate), GCED (Preferred)