- Programmable Logic Controllers
- Continuous Improvement
At this time, we are seeking two Maintenance Technicians to join our team in performing repairs and preventative maintenance on industrial machinery and production equipment at our manufacturing plant in Culpeper, Virginia. This position is for first shift. If you are ready to put your talents to work and embrace manufacturing excellence, apply to Masco Cabinetry today!
PRINCIPAL FUNCTIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Ability to complete tasks in a timely fashion in accordance with published schedules.
- Perform functions focus on maintenance of production equipment and/or facilities and support.
- Must demonstrate the proper operation of all designated equipment.
- Diagnose reports and repairs sub-standard equipment by troubleshooting to the component of board level.
- Prepares for use, performs operational checks, inspects and completes routine repairs and major overhauls
- Requests and withdraws from inventory and replaces defective or worn parts. Makes all necessary adjustments for the proper operation of the equipment.
- Demonstrates the ability to prevent equipment down time through observation, communications with production staff and proactive problem solving.
- Assists with some on-the-job training on designated equipment.
- Properly communicates and documents all work performed in compliance with work order process guidelines.
- Complies with Masco Cabinetry policies and procedures, safety, quality, operational procedures, adhering to state and federal regulations and reports any deviations.
- Must be willing to work some weekends and/or varied shifts.
- Performs necessary housekeeping duties to maintain a clean, safe and organized work environment.
- Actively participates in process improvements by utilizing the Masco Cabinetry quality systems.
- Performs all other duties as assigned by the Team Leader or Manager.
ESSENTIAL QUALIFICATIONS AND SKILLS:
- Five years of experience in a heavy mechanical/electrical manufacturing environment.
- Strong analytical and troubleshooting skills.
- Strong background in electro-mechanical process.
- Must be resourceful and apply critical thinking skills in problem solving.
- Knowledge of TPM or other continuous improvement processes.
- Knowledge of automated processing systems.
- Strong computer skills.
- Strong experience with
- PLC, capable of edits, design and repair,
- Principles of mechanics (coupling, shaft alignment, bearings, gears and lubrication),
- Technical documents, drawings, and schematics,
- Fundamental electronics and basic digital electronics,
- AC/DC and servo motors and drives.
- Ability to work in a team environment with minimal supervision
- Required to frequently team-lift up to 30 lbs.
- Prolonged standing and repetitive motions, bending, stooping, pushing, and pulling
- Hand dexterity and strength
- Due to the physical demands of this job, it is essential that correct lifting techniques, proper body mechanics, as well as applicable safe work practices be utilized.
Apply today at www.MascoCabinetry.com and select the Job Opportunities button. Enter a search for Culpeper, VA or enter the job title. Masco Cabinetry is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Full-time
- Maintenance Technician: 3 years (Required)