Fit Factory is expanding to the Dallas/FortWorth Area!! We are currently based out of Boston, MA and will be opening new locations mid 2019 and we are looking for an upbeat, personable individual with Facility Maintenance background.
Responsible for performing multiple repairs and maintenance tasks throughout the day, which could include, but is not limited to: carpentry work; electrical; plumbing; painting; HVAC; flooring; general facility repairs.
This position resembles a typical handyman.
REQUIRED SKILLS AND EXPERIENCE
- General knowledge of all facets of building/facility maintenance
- Some knowledge in HVAC, Plumbing and Electrical
- Above average carpentry skills
- Experience working with other contractors and vendors
- Attention to detail
- Ability to multitask
- Knowledge in many aspects of repair & maintenance work
- Verbal communication
- Ability to read, write, and follow written and oral instructions
- Five or more years handyman or related experience
- Knowledge of cleaning solutions and materials
- Able to work occasional overtime and other shifts
- Must be a team player and treat coworkers with respect
- Regular and reliable attendance is expected
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carpentry & General Construction: woodwork, sanding, painting, etc
- General Plumbing: Toilets, faucets, fix leaks, etc
- Facility Repairs: doors, doorknobs, locks, broken tiles, polish floors, staining, etc
- Contacting and coordinating with contractors and vendors
- Diagnosing or troubleshooting various issues or problems in a large commercial health club
- Gym/fitness environment
- Use of cleaning solutions.
- Exposure to dust, noise, and temperature changes
- Exposure to cleaning materials and liquids
- Ability to reach and to lift materials weighing up to 70
- Manual dexterity, overall coordination and good balance are required. Ability to stand, walk, and move rapidly for an eight (8) hour work shift. Ability to bend, stoop, twist and turn, climb stairs and on trucks. Ability to perform repetitive arm and wrist movements.
- Mental alertness to ensure safe and accurate completion of work activities
- On occasion able to work other shifts and overtime
- Ability to learn new tasks and procedures.
- Ability to move furniture and equipment.
Reports directly to the Director of Facilities and Support
- Compensation: $40-60k Salary based on Experience
- Health Benefits (Health, Dental)
- Paid Time off
- Company Vehicle
Job Type: Full-time
- Facilities Maintenance: 1 year (Preferred)