Gensler // Digital Experience Designer
At Gensler, we design for people. We leverage our global perspective and local presence to innovate at every scale. We’re not just designers. We’re tinkerers, craftspeople, visionaries, innovators and thought leaders. Fueled by passion and entrepreneurial spirit, our people bring new ideas to solve challenging problems.
Our depth of expertise spans disciplines—from aviation and transportation to education, hospitality, retail, technology and more. Whether we’re refreshing a retailer’s brand, planning a new urban district or designing a super tall building, we strive to make the everyday places people occupy more inspiring, more resilient and more impactful.
As a member of the Digital Experience team, your role is to help envision, scope, and implement digital engagement opportunities that bridge the gap between the physical and digital world.
You will leverage a variety of platforms and technologies to identify and define user experiences, design and deliver solutions for opportunities within the user journey, demonstrate proof of concepts, simulate experiences within virtual environments, test the usability of an interface, and produce digital content for temporary or permanent installation.
- Collaborate with clients, design teams and other designers on projects across multiple industries
- Have a deep understanding of users, including personas and archetypes/modes, and their relation to unique and holistic user journeys
- Translate user needs into visual concepts using a variety of tools
- Evolve concepts from ideation to sketches and storyboards to viable, documented design solutions
- Design for the needs of the clients and end users, understanding the balance between the two
- Knowledge of user-centric design processes and methodologies
- Proficiency with design tools such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign
Advantageous, but not required:
- 5+ years of Visual Design and/or Interaction Design experience
- Experience designing for physical space, i.e. responsive screens in a physical space
- Exceptional critical thinking and creative problem solving skills
- Strong organizational skills to juggle multiple tasks within the constraints of timelines and budgets
- Ability to work and thrive in a fast-paced environment, learn quickly and understand diverse technologies and techniques.
- Desire to employ best design practices and to develop new bold ideas
- Must provide a portfolio in either PDF form or a link to a website portfolio
Gensler is an Equal Opportunity Employer and participant in the U.S. Federal E-Verify program. Women, minorities, disables and veterans are encouraged to apply.
- Experience with motion tools, i.e. Adobe After Effects, Cinder, OpenFrameworks, etc. or with three-dimensional design tools