Bartell Drugs in South Lake Union is looking for a pharmacy assistant. This position requires a current pharmacy assistant license.
Pharmacy Assistant (Join the NW Best Loved Drugstore!)
Come Join the Team at Bartell Drugs, The Northwest's Best Loved Drugstore! Discover your next chapter at the nation’s oldest drugstore chain, family-owned and NW grown for 127 years and counting.
Are you looking to begin a career in health care? Our pharmacy assistant roles might be a perfect fit for you! After a simple certification process, you’ll begin working behind the pharmacy counter, ringing up patients at the register, and learning all about a successful high-volume pharmacy operation. Many of our Pharmacy Assistants go on to become Pharmacy Technicians, with ever-increasing responsibilities and opportunities for growth. *Bartells offers a FREE Tech-in-Training program to our employees (Value is $15,000-$20,000k)!
The Pharmacy Assistant plays a critical role of establishing rich one-on-one relationships with our guests. They fulfill many needs around prescription and order processing, and often have excellent attention to detail.
- Builds guest confidence through patient understanding, and by providing a positive, friendly and helpful service to each guest.
- Run the cash register, taking refill and new prescription orders via the counter and phone, advising patients on wait times and insurance coverage issues.
- Answer general customer questions regarding pharmacy or store information, both at the register and via the phone.
- Ensures that each guest receives the appropriate counseling from the Pharmacist and all necessary information concerning their prescriptions.
- Support the pharmacy team by assisting with ordering, restocking, creating and updating purchase orders, acknowledging invoices, generating prescription labels, stocking the pharmacy with supplies.
- Support store operations by working in the front of the store as directed by the pharmacy manager
- Maintain a clean and orderly space for the pharmacy team.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- High school diploma or equivalent preferred.
- Active Pharmacy Assistant license required.
- Six months of prior retail experience preferred.
- 18 years of age or older required.
- Willing to work a flexible schedule that may include holidays.
- Must be able to quickly and accurately perform addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division of whole numbers, decimals, fractions, percentages, and dollars.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and comprehend conversational English.
- Hourly DOE
- Full benefits including: medical/dental/vision, 401k w/ match, life insurance, short-term disability, employee discount and more!
- Reimbursement for your yearly license fee!
- Constant standing, handling and grasping of merchandise, containers, and/or cartons.
- Frequently must be able to lift 1-2 lbs. from floor to 7 feet. Occasionally lift up to 20 lbs. from floor to chest.
- Must be able to frequently bend, stoop, crouching, twisting, or pivoting at the waist and kneeling or squatting to stock below waist level shelves
- Frequent repetitive hand movements and fine finger manipulation
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time