Perfect for students and those who love evening and weekend work!
Laugh While You Work!
The House of Comedy & Lounge on Level 4 East at Mall of America is Minnesota's Home for Laughs. We showcase the biggest and brightest names in Stand Up Comedy. Recent performances include:
- TJ Miller - Silicon Valley, Deadpool
- Piff The Magic Dragon - Americas Got Talent
- Joey Diaz - The Church
- Preacher Lawson - Americas Got Talent
We specialize in Drink Dine Laugh.
We are seeking Door Staff / Host who present a positive first impression of our establishment’s friendliness, excellent service and high standards. The Door Staff / Host also greet Guests upon arrival, scans their tickets, show Guests to their table and bid Guests farewell as they leave.
A door person must be able to carry natural conversation with Guests without sounding scripted or intrusive. Additionally, the door staff / host member cares for our Guests by performing light housekeeping duties such as cleaning table, glasses, dishes and menus and ensures restrooms are clean, stocked and orderly. Availability must include nights and weekends.
- Greet incoming and departing Guests warmly with a genuine smile and eye contact; escort them to assigned seating area; present menus; announce waiter's name
- Inform Guest of current promotion and who will be serving them to ensure a smooth handoff to the service staff
- Tend to special Guest needs and requests
- Observant to Guests’ needs throughout dining experience to ensure they receive high quality service
- Protect establishment and patrons by adhering to sanitation, safety and alcohol control policies
- Help dining room staff by setting and clearing tables; replenishing water; serving beverages
- Contribute to team effort by accomplishing related results as needed
- Operate club sound and video equipment contributing to a successful show.
- Observe the room and ensure guests are not too loud during the performance.
- Must be able to read menus
- Must be able to articulate clear greetings and farewells to Guests, as well as being able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to clearly communicate Guests’ needs to servers, Bussers, Managers, etc.
- Must be able to walk and stand during entire shift
- Must be able to reach, bend, stoop and wipe
- Must be able to understand requests for assistance
- Must be able to carry trays or supplies (10-30 lbs.)
- A desire to help out where needed and work as part of a team
- Passion for providing extraordinary service
- The ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment
- An appetite for learning
- Flexibility to work a variety of shifts
- 6 months experience in a full-service restaurant preferred
- Must be upbeat, outgoing and positive
Job Type: Part-time
Salary: $11.00 /hour
Typical start time:
Typical end time: