Special Projects Engineer
West Coast based Waterfront Maintenance & Repair Company seeks qualified individual to manage Special Projects and Union Labor work force at the Port of Los Angeles/Long Beach. The Special Projects Engineer will be required to manage daily operations and be experienced at successfully managing industrial project plans within prescribed time frame and budget parameters.
- Responsible for the overall direction, coordination, and evaluation of the project; including safety, performance, budget, scheduling, equipment management and quality.
- Carries out supervisory responsibilities in accordance with the organization's policies and applicable laws.
- Reviews project proposal or plan to determine time frame, funding limitations, procedures for accomplishing project, staffing requirements, and allotment of available resources.
- This position will be responsible for scheduling meetings with other team members/departments to ensure that the project stays on track.
- The candidate must also supervise and monitor the work of outside contractors and vendors in relation to the project.
- This candidate must have Strong administrative and management skills, Customer Relations, Advanced Computer skills, Project Management and Labor Relations skills.
- Assume additional responsibilities as directed by division and corporate management. Required
B.S. in Marine or Mechanical Engineering from an accredited college, i.e. Maritime Academy Experience in Programmable Logic Controllers in ABB, GE, FUJI, Siemens and OMRON preferred.
Valid Driver’s license (CDL preferred) Knowledge/Skills/Abilities:
Acceptance in all areas of accountability, pertaining to all areas of responsibilities. Willingness to work at various heights. Safety minded/oriented. Requires knowledge of mechanical, hydraulic and electrical assemblies and testing experience; Requires an eye for detail. Ability to meet deadlines; to understand and follow written and verbal instructions; Ability to understand and follow posted work rules and procedures; ability to accept constructive criticism.
- Analytical skills
- Problem solving skills
- Communication skills
- Interpersonal skills
- Ability to work on a team and lead it
Must feel comfortable and able to work safely at elevated heights, including several stories above the ground
Should possess a technical aptitude for heavy equipment; some knowledge of engineering is a plus.
Special Projects Engineer (cont.)
- Leadership ability
- Organizational skills
- Mathematical skills
- Technical skills
Physical and Environmental Elements:
This is a position which includes areas where employees work in a shop environment or in the field with exposure to noise and machinery and weather.
- This is a non-union management position. Top Salary and Benefits for qualified individual. Salary based on experience.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $95,000.00 - $120,000.00 per year
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Health insurance
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Microsoft Office: 2 years (Preferred)
- Project Management: 3 years (Preferred)
- hydraulic equipment repair: 3 years (Preferred)