**NOTE: THIS POSITION IS LOCATED IN VIRGINIA. ONLY APPLY IF YOU ARE WILLING TO RELOCATE TO THIS JOB'S LOCATION.**
Join one of America's most award-winning restaurants, The Inn at Little Washington. Located in the beautiful Virginia countryside just 67 miles west of Washington DC, The Inn at Little Washington is a culinary oasis akin to visiting a Michelin-starred restaurant in the European countryside. Established in 1978, The Inn is a member of Relais & Chateaux. The Inn at Little Washington’s most recent awards include:
- The 2019 Michelin Guide awarded The Inn at Little Washington its highest accolade of three stars, reserved for “exceptional cuisine worth a special journey.” The Inn is now the first and only three star restaurant in The Nation’s Capital.
- The James Beard Foundation announced Patrick O’Connell as the recipient of the 2019 James Beard Lifetime Achievement Award.
- La Liste, a French-based guide to the world’s best restaurants, ranked The Inn #3 in the U.S. and #5 in the world.
- The 2019 Forbes Travel Guide for the 30th year in a row, awarded The Inn at Little Washington’s accommodations its highest accolade – Five Stars.
- The 2019 Forbes Travel Guide also awarded The Inn at Little Washington’s Restaurant Five Stars for the 29th year in a row making it the longest tenured Five Star restaurant in the world.
- The American Automobile Association for 2019 once again bestowed The Inn its highest accolade – The Five Diamond Award.
- The Washington Post 2018 Fall Dining Guide honored The Inn by inducting the restaurant into its inaugural “D.C. Restaurant Hall of Fame” making The Inn one of ten restaurants “that have stood the test of time and serve as standard-bearers in the region.”
- The Inn received the Wine Spectator Grand Award for the 23rd consecutive year and is the only restaurant honored with this recognition in Virginia, Maryland and the District of Columbia.
Essential Job Functions:
- Plan, prepare, set-up and provide consistent, timely and organized quality service in all areas of food production in accordance with standards.
- Develop specific goals and plans to prioritize, systematize, and accomplish your work.
- Analyze information and evaluate results to choose the best solution and solve problems.
- Strictly adhere to recipes and standards for product preparation and plating.
- Demonstrate excellent knife skills, cooking skills and safe operation of all kitchen equipment.
- Complete and oversee opening and closing checklists for each shift.
- Prepare ingredients while adhering to Virginia food safety standards.
- Assist in achieving food and labor costs through monitoring inefficiencies and waste.
- Ensure work station Mise en Place is completed to standards.
- Maintain a clean and sanitary work environment according to Virginia State Health regulations.
- Work along-side co-workers to further develop culinary skills and train new employees.
- Assist with inventory, purchasing and receiving.
- Paid Time Off
- Subsidized Medical, Dental, and Vision Insurance
- 401(k) including 4% employer match
- Complimentary $10,000 Life and AD&D Insurance
- Voluntary Short and Long-Term Disability Insurance
- Bereavement Pay, Jury Duty Pay
- Daily complimentary meal in staff dining room
- Complimentary uniforms
- Complimentary Michelin 3-star dining experience at Inn & 50% off for one guest after 6 months of employment
- Complimentary night stay at Inn after 1 year of employment
- Relais & Chateaux room stay program after 1 year of employment
- 30-50% discount on all merchandise at the Tavern Shops
- Educational reimbursement program
- Four years of professional pastry experience preferred.
- Encourage and build mutual trust, respect, and cooperation among team members.
- Positive “can do” attitude, solid communication skills and the ability to articulate complicated ideas to all staff including management.
- Self-motivated; ability to excel under pressure.
- Expertise in product identification and use.
- Intermediate skill set in International cuisine and technique.
- Ability to consistently cook food the temperature requested on the order ticket.
- Able to kneel, bend, and stand for extended periods.
- Able to withstand temperatures up to 105° degrees & lift 50 pounds.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
Job Type: Full-time
- professional pastry: 4 years (Preferred)
- Washington, VA (Required)
- Health insurance
- Dental insurance
- Vision insurance
- Retirement plan
- Paid time off