At Ingersoll Rand we are passionate about inspiring progress around the world. We advance the quality of life by creating comfortable, sustainable and efficient environments. Our people and our family of brands-includingClub Car®, Ingersoll Rand®,Thermo King®, Trane®, American Standard® Heating & Air Conditioning and ARO® - work together to enhance the quality and comfort of air in homes and buildings; transport and protect food and perishables; and increase industrial productivity and efficiency. We are a global business committed to a world of sustainable progress and enduring results. For more information, visitwww.ingersollrand.com.
Ingersoll Rand is a diverse and inclusive environment. We are an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to hiring a diverse workforce; including individuals with disabilities and United States qualified protected veterans.
Under the direction of the Value Stream Coach and in collaboration with the IT Leadership Team, this position is responsible for driving lean transformation, daily management, and stabilization/standardization initiatives by deploying Ingersoll Rand's Lean and Operational Excellence principles, practices, tools, and cultural norms. This position implements and supports actions that bring about improvements, which may include, but are not limited to safety, customer value proposition, quality, delivery, cycle (speed), growth, and productivity. The scope of this position is end to end Enterprise Information Technology.
To support the Value Stream Coach and Value Stream by implementing lean transformation and visual management across the value stream. Specifically, this includes:
- Being a steadfast advocate and champion for lean and continuous improvement.
- Collaborating with the Value Stream Coach and IT Leadership in order to deploy and sustain operational excellence and lean culture throughout the function.
- Executing against tactical and strategic objectives to support the value stream's goals.
- Working with necessary function teams and leaders to identify, address, and eliminate waste.
- Assisting in the change of systems/processes as required in support of lean initiatives.
- Utilizing IR's continuous improvement toolbox to optimize the flow of value and information through the functions.
To act as a change agent that fosters improvements in Information Technology processes by active support, participation and leadership of Value Stream Analyses, A3s, and Rapid Improvement Events. This includes:
- Collaborating with, influencing, and driving teams and leaders to build a year over year pipeline of continuous improvement opportunities.
- Driving culture change with lean initiatives, coaching, and relationships.
- Partnering with teams that own pre and post event standard work.
- Facilitating projects, events, and "just do-it's" that may include highly technical, cross discipline, and complex topics.
- Coaching leaders and employees on lean, continuous improvement, strategic thinking, standard work development/modification/adherence, visual controls, flow, and problem solving.
- Providing necessary training specific to lean transformation tools and methodologies.
- Relentlessly driving action plans.
- Assisting all teams as needed to ensure improvements are made and sustained.
- Implementing and coaching the use of dashboards and other visual management tools that enable stabilization and problem solving.
- Resolving issues after Rapid Improvement events to achieve desired state.
- Ensuring, owning, and enabling high levels of participant and engagement in Operational Excellence activities.
To track and measure all changes and improvements made to provide Value Stream in order to provide leadership the assurance that changes are effective and lasting. This includes:
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Challenging teams to stretch for difficult targets, and learning with that same team if they fail.
- Fostering a culture of accountability, ownership, and learning.
- Examining and evaluating the areas after improvements are implemented.
- Posting/updating results to the Mission Control Center boards.
- Reviewing new procedures/controls and appraising the efficiency and effectiveness of operations, and working with the Value Stream Coach, Leaders, and team leads to resolve any issues that might arise during implementation and/or maintenance phases.
- Other duties as identified by the Value Stream Coach to further the function's Lean initiatives.
- Must possess strong and nuanced group facilitation skills including but not limited to: energy, presence, command of a room, tactful redirection, and flexibility.
- Proven ability to explore an unfamiliar process through open ended questions and assess data and measurement requirements, opportunities, and failure modes.
- Ability to see waste and opportunities in complex and interrelated processes.
- Must possess strong written and oral communication and presentation skills with the ability to speak and communicate effectively with various audiences at all levels of the enterprise included the CIO and IT Leadership Team.
- Ability to read, analyze and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, and government regulations.
- Ability to write reports, general business correspondence, and procedure manuals.
- Ability to create standard work documents, operational procedures and visual work aids.
- Must possess humility, grit, and energy.
- Ability to prioritize and focus on the critical few.
- Proven ability to influence others without authority.
- Must be viewed credibly as either a leader or a positive influencer of change.
- Must be a self-motivated and resourceful learner.
- Must possess a strong work ethic.
- Ability to mentor team members and facilitate change from a position of influencer.
- Ability to energize and motivate teams.
- Ability to recognize conflict and take appropriate action within scope of the role.
- Ability to use basic statistical and graphical tools such as pareto analysis.
- Ability to define problem areas, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions.
- Ability to interpret a variety of technical procedures/processes and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
- Ability to prioritize and handle multiple priorities in a fast-paced and changing work environment.
- Strong capability with personal computer applications (Excel, Word, PowerPoint ,and Visio)
- Associates or Bachelor of Science degree or related discipline desired.
- Knowledge of basic Lean, Six Sigma, 8D, A3 Thinking, or other continuous improvement based tools and techniques is highly preferred.
We are committed to helping you reach your professional, personal and financial goals. We offer competitive compensation that aligns with our business strategies and comprehensive benefits to help you live your healthiest. We are committed to building an inclusive and diverse culture that engages as well as values the different backgrounds and experiences of our employee, which, in turn, spurs innovation, generates creative solutions and enhances our customer relations.
If you share our passion for inspiring progress-for bringing about bold shifts in how people, economies and societies operate-then you belong with Ingersoll Rand. Progress begins with you.