Our client specializes in providing value products in the field of fiberoptics, in particular, fiberoptic components and modules such as Switches, DWDMs, CWDMs, Isolators, Hybrid, Couplers/WDMs, Attenuators, Collimators, Pigtails, and other related products. In addition they offer competitive pricing, on custom-made optical components such as lenses, prisms, mirrors, achromats and cylindrical lenses.
In this key role you will support the production process and delivery of products and custom customer modules.Additionally, you will work closely with other company personnel on development of testing programs, bonding diagrams and troubleshooting.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Work with design/process engineering and production team to manufacture high-reliability products to exacting and unique requirements driven by specialized customer needs with full serial traceability. Improve yield, perform occasional failure analysis, and recommend corrective actions. This involves maintaining and developing product datasheets, process control plans and process specifications, product travelers and engineering changes in accordance with company and customer specifications.
- Support team and provide feedback in defining and prioritizing production schedule and identifying and avoiding production choke points. Schedule, manage and execute multiple simultaneous projects to meet deadlines and communicate production and technical goals or issues to management and the customer. Establish good channels of communication to support the product team in meeting production and development schedules.
- Support engineering product and process development studies by assisting the design of experiments, evaluating the results, and drawing conclusions from those experiments. Support quality team and perform scheduled internal audits and action plans.
- Work with customers to avoid quality or performance issues and to resolve those that occur. Generate and complete failure analyses and corrective actions as needed.
QUALIFICATIONS AND REQUIREMENTS
- Bachelor's Degree (or higher level) in Optical, Mechanical Engineering, or Physics.
- 3+ Years' Hands-on experience in the photonics industry, laser or physics lab.
- Able to utilize various equipment and methods for physically testing, inspecting and manufacturing of optical components or systems.
- Experienced in working with customers and teams of engineers to effectively bring opto-mechanical design into volume production.
- Ability to work with customer and engineering teams to ensure system and product quality by designing test methods, testing finished product and system capabilities.