The E2TL Coordinator manages the education and employment focus areas for AFW2. The incumbent develops products, marketing, and provides operational assistance for the Education and Employment Initiative (E2I), Operation Warfighter (OWF), VA Employment and Education programs, and DOL employment programs. The E2TL Coordinator develops, collects, reports, and disseminates metrics in accordance with governing program guidance. The incumbent provides guidance to E2TL Specialists about employment and transition counseling of Service members. The E2TL Coordinator issues guidance on the interface between E2TL Specialists and case managers who assist recovering Service members in meeting their CRP goals.
- Strong leadership and management skills
- Strong oral and written communications skills
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills to access needs and recommend solutions
- Strong organizational skills
- Must be able to effectively support multiple, concurrent priorities
Ability to interpret and apply program guidance and policy directives within context of individualized RSM needs
- BS/BA in Vocation Rehabilitation, Education or Guidance Counseling or related field
- 3-5 years’ experience in Vocation Rehabilitation, Education or Guidance Counseling or related field
The physical requirements described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General Office Demands:
- Must be able to operate general office equipment including but not limited to: computer, phones and related media and information devices on most or all workdays
- Ability to communicate and interact with others, both in person and/or by telephone to conduct business
- Working under time pressure
- Working rapidly for long periods to meet deadlines
- Must be able to travel as needed and adhere to AFSC travel policies and procedures.
- Physical requirements can typically be characterized as sedentary: work involves exerting up to 10 lbs. of force occasionally and/or a negligible amount of force frequently or constantly to lift, carry, push, pull or otherwise move objects.
Major Job activities and mental requirements:
- Multiple concurrent tasks
- Ability to perform under stress
- Reading and comprehension
- Problem solving
- Customer contact
Our Equal Employment Opportunity Policy:
Armed Forces Services Corporation (AFSC) is an equal opportunity employer. We recruit, employ, train, compensate, and promote without regard to race, religion, creed, color, national origin, age, gender, sexual orientation, marital status, disability, veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable federal, state or local law.