- High School Diploma or GED
The Patient Care Assistant functions as an assistant to the Registered Nurse performing routine procedures under his or her supervision. The PCA provides nursing support to achieve the organization's mission of excellent patient care and nursing's vision of setting a new standard of excellence in autonomous and accountable nursing practice committed to patient advocacy and innovative patient care in a climate of trust and collaboration.
Job Opening Qualifications
Minimum Education and Experience Requirements:Education:
Motor Vehicle Operator Designation:Employees in this position:
- Certified Nursing Assistant (CNA) with high school diploma or equivalent; or
- Nursing student currently enrolled in an approved program for preparation of either professional nurses or licensed practical nurses - upon successful completion of the didactic and clinical portion of a nursing fundamental course work; or
- Graduate nurse awaiting NCLEX testing (up to 90 days post-graduation); or
- Junior and Senior High School Students attending the Institute of Health Professions who are CNAs and have a recommendation from the instructor.
Will not operate vehicles for an assigned business purpose
A frequent driver is defined as one who uses his/her personal or Shands automobile a) at least once daily, b) at least five individual trips per week or c) drives, on average, over 150 miles per week in the performance of his/her job.
Those who are currently not enrolled in a nursing program must be a certified nursing assistant (CNA).