Special Counsel is seeking temporary Paralegals to work from home (remote) to help with the COVID-19 Relief effort for a 6+ month assignment (possibility of extension). This contract position is processing COVID-19-related loans, to aid those that qualify, for the federal stimulus package.
· Perform legal reviews of loan documents for compliance with agency policies, regulations, and laws.
· Respond to inquiries related to loans for internal partners, external partners, and the general public.
· Manage a loan portfolio and perform all loan closing duties as assigned.
· Make recommendations for disbursement of funds within agency guidelines.
· Strong working knowledge of legal document review process
· Experience with legal research
· Remote accessibility: Must have reliable access to telephone and private WiFi
· Strong attention to detail
· Basic ability to work independently and manage one’s time
· Comfortable interfacing with customers
· Computer proficiency with Microsoft Office or other database software
· At least 1-year of experience as a Paralegal OR 1 year of legal research experience
· 1+ years in a customer facing positions
· Must have Bachelor’s Degree in Paralegal Studies or Business Administration
· Unlicensed attorneys/ JDs may apply with relevant experience
· 8- hours shifts, 5 days a week. Shifts are available between 6:00 AM CST to 7:30 PM CST; Monday-Saturday
To learn more about this Remote Paralegal job opening, please submit an application and your current resume in Microsoft word format.
Job Type: Temporary
- paralegal: 1 year (Required)
- Customer Service: 1 year (Required)
- Temporarily due to COVID-19