EAM-MoscaCorporation, a dynamic market leader in the area of end of line packagingautomation is seeking to hire a System Support Engineer. This position is an Engineeringposition focused on supporting and continuously improving the design and fieldperformance of EAM-Mosca strapping systems from mechanical, electrical, programand system integration standpoints.
Reports to: National ServiceManger
- Strong mechanical foundation with post high school training in electronics/programming
- Solid understanding of electrical principles and application in machine control
- Ability to write and troubleshoot programming in Ladder Logic, C and Structured Text
- Experience with control hardware including Allen Bradley, B&R and Siemens
- Integration of mechanical and control systems to optimize machine/system function
- Ability to communicate technical details of strapping system operation to Company and customer personnel and provide performance feedback at the root cause level for continuous system improvement. Communication may be verbal or written via conversation, technical bulletins or formal presentations as situations require.
- Build mastery of EAM-Mosca equipment through a combination of in-house exposure and field work, focusing initially on larger unitizing systems with a secondary priority on bundling systems.
- Participate in the concept design of new systems using insights from field experience to help optimize design.
- Communicate with EAM-Mosca and customer technical personnel to assure proper installation and efficient post-installation operation.
- Draw on field experience and communication with Service Technicians and customer personnel to communicate ideas for performance based design improvement.
- Lead troubleshooting and correction of operating problems and performance shortcomings, providing training to field personnel and feedback to design staff as appropriate.
- Support Shop operations as needed by assisting with setup and debugging support etc.
- Support the Field Technical Service department by helping customers via phone and field work to include after-hours support
- Requires working with design groups in Hazleton, PA and Whitby, ON, Canada and potentially with Mosca GmbH in Germany.
- Requires some travel, primarily in the US but potentially anywhere in the EAM-Mosca market area (US, Canada, Mexico, Central and South America and the Caribbean) and Europe.
EAM-Mosca Corporation is anEqual Opportunity employer. All qualified applicants will receive considerationfor employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin,disability, or protected veteran status.
Job Type: Full-time
- systems engineer: 3 years (Preferred)
- Driver's License (Required)