If you are looking for a challenging job in a fast paced industry, always looking to renew itself with the latest technology, this job is for you! GLV is a leader of pulp and paper equipment globally – Come join us! GLV has a Full-time 2nd Shift opportunity for a Process Inspector in our Lenox, MAlocation.
The purpose of this role is to plan and perform diversified process inspection of raw material, vendor produced components and unit sections, first piece and work-in-progress within the Fabricating, Machining, Sub Assembly/Spare Parts and Erection areas.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Inspect purchased component parts, units and sections as received, as well as at the vendor site.
- Comply with established procedures to document all inspections and tests performed. Use a broad range of precision measuring and testing equipment such as all types of micrometers, dial bore, height and surface gauges, sine bar, digital and electronic height gauges, thread gauges, hardness tester, comparator, etc., and layout equipment.
- Diagnose and remedy problems relative to Quality Assurance requirements.
- Stop production when major or excessive defects occur and work with Area Supervisor and/or Purchasing Dept to resolve problems and meet quality standards and specifications.
- Check all dimensions, angles, surfaces, radii, holes, threads and other pertinent points for adherence to specifications.
Other responsibilities may include:
- Travel within the USA and in Canada, including to subcontractors to inspect parts.
- Associates degree from a technical/trade school and/or 5-10 years related experience and/or training.
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions, and procedure manuals. Ability to write routine reports and correspondence. Ability to speak effectively before groups of customers or employees of organization.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as: proportions, percentages, area, circumference and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.
- Ability to operate overhead and jib crane.
- Ability to operate fork truck.
- Must be able to travel up to 25% of time and be able to obtain a US Passport.
Job Type: Full-time
- inspection: 5 years (Preferred)