- Supervises and directs maintenance personnel in installation, repair, and maintenance of all base building and critical system machinery and equipment.
- Responsible for supervising the operating team on his shift.
- Assumes the Chief Engineers responsibilities if the Chief Engineer is not on site.
- Supervises and directs maintenance staff on his shift and monitors performance of their assigned responsibilities.
- Performs and/or directs the performance of all maintenance departmental service requests, insuring that work performed in these areas is accomplished efficiently with a minimum amount of disruption and inconvenience.
- Checks malfunctioning equipment and ascertains corrective action required to restore to satisfactory operating condition.
- Supervises and implements the preventative maintenance program.
- Specific duties include but are not limited to: scheduling of preventative maintenance with a minimum disruption of building services, performing and/or delegating preventative maintenance tasks to the appropriately qualified maintenance staff member, orders parts and equipment required for repair, maintenance and installation of new equipment and facilities, and maintains inventory.
- Complies with departmental policy for the safe storage, usage, and disposal of hazardous materials.
- Maintains a clean and safe workplace
- Provides training and supervision aimed at expanding the capabilities of the operations staff.
Specific duties include, but not limited to: Demonstrating the proper use and care of tools and instruments, giving hands on instruction in basic maintenance, safety, and troubleshooting procedures, recommending relevant outside engineering courses for enrollment and instilling an overall level of professionalism in manner and appearance.
Insures the availability of an adequate operating inventory of tools and supplies.
Specific duties include, but not limited to: Preparing and submitting purchase order requests, developing sources for stock materials and performing periodic checks for supplies.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Minimum of a high school diploma.
Two years of trades schooling in electrical system design, refrigeration and HVAC.
5 years of experience in facility/plant engineering maintenance with at least 5 years in supervision.
CERTIFICATIONS AND LICENSES
Stationary Engineers License or equivalent, preferred
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
Exposure to HVAC, fluid handling/pumping, fluid filtering, mechanical systems, welding, and electrical systems engineering and operation.
Must be proficient in basic computer application software such as MS Office, Lotus, and e-Mail, etc.
Good interpersonal skills, ability to communicate well in both oral and written reports.
JLL Is an Equal Opportunity Employer
JLL is committed to developing and maintaining a diverse workforce. JLL strongly believes in equal opportunity extended to all individuals in all aspects of the employment relationship, including recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, transfer, discipline, layoff, recall and termination without regard to race, color, religion, belief, creed, age, sex, pregnancy or maternity (including childbirth and related conditions), family responsibility (e.g. child care, elder care), nationality, ethnic or national origin or ancestry, citizenship, marital status, civil partner status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, transgender status, veteran’s status, genetic information, trade union membership, social position, political view or status as a qualified individual with a disability, protected leave status or any other protected characteristic in accordance with applicable law. The company also endeavors to make reasonable accommodations for known physical or mental limitations of otherwise qualified employees and applicants with disabilities unless the accommodations would impose an undue hardship on the operation of our business and ensures that employment decisions are based only on valid job requirements.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy at https://jll2.sharepoint.com/CorporatePolicies/HR%20Policies/Equal%20Employment%20Opportunity%20and%20Affirmative%20Action.pdf .