Crosby is the world leader in the heavy lift industry. We strive to set the standard for quality, training, and technical expertise in the field. It’s our goal to exceed the expectations of our customers through technical leadership, innovative solutions, vertically integrated manufacturing, premier use of support, and a value-added distribution channel.
We are committed to investing in and developing our employees’ talents and leadership, and are currently seeking candidates for this position.
Crosby offers a competitive compensation and benefits package that includes paid time off, medical, dental, vision, life and disability coverages, 401(k) with company match and 10 paid holidays annually.
Payroll Manager must be dedicated and industrious, committed to accuracy in all transactions. The successful candidate will handle all payroll processing duties and will provide assistance to both human resources and accounting when necessary. Maintains payroll information by designing systems; directing the collection, calculation, and entering of data. Updates payroll records by reviewing and approving changes in exemptions, insurance coverage, savings deductions, and job titles, and department/ division transfers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential):
1. Manage and guarantee weekly disbursement of multi-state payroll, including garnishments, benefits and taxes to 700 employees consistent with federal and state wage and hour laws.
2. Critically review and analyze current payroll, benefits and tax procedures in order to recommend and implement changes leading to best-practice operations
3. Ensure systems are set-up and updated to reflect our current employee base, including wages, benefits, sick and vacation time in line with contracts (union and non-union)
4. Manage regular preparation of relevant management reports, including weekly, monthly, quarterly and year-end reports (gross payroll, hours worked, vacation accrual, tax deductions, benefit deductions, etc.)*
5. Processes payroll information into the ADP system for exempt and non-exempt salaried personnel.*6. Receives and updates team member benefit deductions. Also, processes other miscellaneous deductions (i.e. team member purchases, child support, garnishments, etc.).*
7. Processes 401k information and transmits team member deduction monthly and matching funds to Transamerica. Maintains records regarding mandatory 401k, 401k catch up eligibility and penalties for early withdrawal and setup.*8. Maintains the ADP payroll system regarding payroll codes, system generated reports, etc. Also, involved with updates and all ADP system implementations.*
9. Prepares payroll information used by Corporate and Plant Accounting to prepare journal entries, accrual reconciliations and tax reports.*
10. Reconciles quarterly federal and state deposits to detail tax reports. Reviews tax payments made by ADP’s Tax Department.*
11. Responsible for maintaining permanent payroll files and records.*12. Creates various payroll reports by using ADP Report Writer.*
13. Handles extensive communication with team members of ADP, external auditing, KKR, and various governmental agencies.*
14. Partner with HR and benefits in aligning and implementing a more sophisticated payroll and benefits system.*
Job Specifications (Work Experience, Skills, Abilities, etc.)
College degree in Business/Accounting.
Physical Demands/Environmental Conditions: Normal office conditions. Office may be located in a multi-level office building. Job demands may require long periods of sitting, telephone work, and/or computer work, as well as interaction with other people. Normal office conditions include walking, standing, bending, kneeling, climbing stairs, lifting, driving, and/or traveling.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
Job Type: Full-time