Computing Kids is Hiring an Administrative Assistant!
As part of Computing For All, a 501(c)(3) nonprofit, Computing Kids is a program dedicated to bringing computer science education to K-8 students in the Seattle, Bellevue and Bothell areas. Our mission is to foster curiosity in students, inspiring them to become active creators rather than passive consumers of technology. Our teachers guide students to imagine, design, and collaborate as they learn the logic and programming skills to help them succeed in school and beyond.
We are looking for a passionate, self-directed individual who is interested in supporting Computing
Kids staff and program operations.
The Administrative Assistant is responsible for performing many of the tasks that keep the
Computing Kids office running, such as basic data entry and electronic document filing, tracking teacher availability, assisting with payroll, and collaborating with the management team to plan and schedule schools and teachers.
The Administrative Assistant’s major responsibility is to manage the HR pipeline. They will pull applicants from various sources, conduct initial phone screenings, assess candidate viability, and determine which candidates move on to an in-person interview with the Director of Education. In addition, they will also onboard new teachers by processing and collecting necessary new-hire documents.
Depending on your interest, aptitude, and availability, there may also be opportunities to teach classes or perform curriculum development work.
- Prior experience with administrative work (data entry, etc.)
- Excellent computer skills
- Time-management skills
- Organizational skills and ability to prioritize work
- Communication and collaboration
- Attention to detail
- Proactiveness and willingness to create a positive experience for others
- Prior experience in human resources
- Coding knowledge or experience with languages such as Java, Python or Scratch
- Experience working in a start-up environment
- Ability to work independently
Wages for this position are paid at a rate of $20-$25 an hour
Learn more at computingkids.com
Job Type: Part-time (12-15 hours/week)
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $20.00 - $25.00 per hour
- What interests you about working with Computing Kids?
Company's Facebook page: