Cyber Security Engineer - Networking - (00054454)
MITRE is a trusted operator of federally funded research and development centers and we’re on a mission to make the world a safer place today and in the future. To deliver on our mission, we need the world’s best talent and leaders—groundbreakers and partnership-builders on a global scale in areas like healthcare, artificial intelligence, critical infrastructure resiliency, pandemic management, and cybersecurity.
The MITRE Ft. Meade cyber work program is dedicated to creating innovative solutions for our sponsors to defend the
nation, gather intelligence, and project power in and through cyberspace. We are looking for early career professionals to join our Cyber Operations Department in support of our USCYBERCOM work program. In this role, you will have an amazing opportunity to learn from senior staff and to have mission impact. You will be partnered with subject matter experts and thought leaders who understand how these missions are conducted today, have a vision for how to revolutionize those missions, and the passion to solve hard problems.
For the right individual, this is an amazing opportunity to influence DoD cyber operations, design warfighting cyber security systems, engineer innovative tactics, techniques and procedures to ensure resiliency in the face of cyber-attack, prevent malicious cyber activity, detect the presence of adversaries on friendly networks, and impose costs.
To succeed in this position, you must have a strong academic background in a broad range of computer science and engineering fields from systems engineering, to cyber protection, detection, mitigation, and cyber operations. You will need excellent communication skills both written and verbal. You must also have a passion for technical and professional growth and development, and an ability to work collaboratively with teams.
As an early career professional in the Cyber Operations Department you will have opportunities to:
- Work closely with a senior partner and a team of MITRE technical staff to implement strategy and/or develop prototype solutions.
- Develop innovative cyber operations strategies, tactics, techniques, and procedures (TTPs).
- Contribute to cyber security research to ensure the defensibility of the nation’s systems and networks including improving the detection of adversaries through understanding their tradecraft and intentions.
- Design cyber security system architectures that will support the warfighting mission.
- Develop new research proposals to further explore how current technologies can be adapted and fielded to have mission impact.
This position is located in Annapolis Junction, MD
Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Cyber Security, Information Systems, or related major
Must be eligible for a TS / SCI for consideration
2+ years prior work experience should include:
- Application of technology to problem solving
- Knowledge of advanced cyber threats and adversary methodologies
- Experience with security-relevant data including TCP/IP network protocols, application layer protocols (e.g., HTTP, SMTP, and DNS), and security-relevant host and network logs
- Development of TTPs, concepts of operations (CONOPs), courses of action (COAs), and other related documents related to offensive cyber operations (OCO), defensive cyber operations (DCO), and the securing, operating, and defending of the DODIN or other network infrastructures
- Employing excellent writing and communication skills to develop / deliver technical explanations and presentations
- Success working in a highly collaborative environment with peers and senior staff
- Preference given to candidates with active TS / SCI with polygraph
- Master’s or Doctorate degree in Computer Science, Cyber Security, Information Systems, or related major
- Possess a Systems Engineering background with expertise in one or more of the following: software development, data engineering, networking, data communications, information technology, or network management systems
- Experience with OCO target nomination, de-confliction, and planning throughout the Joint Operation Planning Process (JOPP)
- Experience researching, evaluating, correlating, analyzing, integrating, and and/or interpreting information from intelligence and/or operational sources of target systems analysis and cyberspace planning
- Familiarity with aspects of joint targeting and all principles of the Joint Targeting Cycle
United States-Maryland-Annapolis Junction
United States-Maryland-Bethesda, United States-Maryland-Suitland, United States-Maryland-Windsor, United States-Maryland-Silver Spring, United States-Maryland-Gaithersburg
Ft. Meade, Maryland 20701
This requisition requires a clearance of:
Oct 14, 2019, 4:54:41 PM