Humacyte, Inc., a biotechnology pioneer, discovers, develops and delivers innovative, award winning human biotherapies. We are currently developing multiple vascular tissue engineered therapies and expanding our business model. With a broad pipeline of potential new therapy applications, we continue to build our organization and scientific teams. We are looking for additional biomedical research and development colleagues to continue to build our expanding team.
Candidates will be expected to work both independently and collaboratively as part of the Humacyte organization. Applicants must be highly self-motivated, with solid communication skills, and demonstrates the ability to work in a team environment and lead other professionals and peers.
Position reports to the Senior Manager, Environmental, Health, Safety & Security
The Environmental Health and Safety (EHS) Intern will work under the guidance of a mentor and provide assistance with ongoing assignments and new projects. They will work closely with the EHS Manager and other engineers and scientists on projects specifically tailored to further the individual’s understanding of the career field opportunities, provide hands-on EHS experience, and support the development of Humacyte’s proprietary manufacturing platforms.
The projected duration of project assignment is 10-12 weeks.
- Must currently be enrolled in an undergraduate program. Preferably in an occupational safety, public health, industrial hygiene or environmental engineering discipline
- Ability to set objectives, monitor progress, and generate data summaries
- Present project updates regularly and final project summary to team
- Reliability and self-motivation, possess strong integrity and critical thinking skills
- Optimistic attitude and team-player
- Effective verbal and written communication skills
- Experience in identifying and documenting possible risks
- Experience in coordinating regulatory programs to support environmental compliance
- Proficiency in technical report writing
- Proficiency in delivering presentations and training
**Please note, Humacyte does not provide sponsorship at this time.**