ParqEx is seeking a motivated, hardworking, Customer Support Specialist.
Why Work With Us?
- ParqEx was the recipient of the Top Tech Startup – Chicago Award from Tech In Motion.
- We are a VC-backed tech startup based in the River North area of Chicago.
- You’ll get to see first-hand what it’s like to build a successful company.
- Our IoT & AI-based technologies namely; Access+, LPR, MarketPlace, and GuestParq, create tremendous value for our real-estate customers.
- Our mission is to transform the real-estate parking landscape in ways that benefit the community and ultimately the environment.
- You will contribute to solving a real problem for society.
- ParqEx is a part of the sharing economy movement that is disrupting traditional industries such as real-estate (Airbnb), transportation (Uber, Lyft), and delivery (Instacart, Postmates) among others. We’re going to continue doing the same for parking, and with your help, the sky is the limit.
- We’ve got a terrific, energetic, and fun company culture made up of smart, dedicated, disciplined, and hard-working people who are passionate about making a positive change in the world.
General Essential Functions Required:
- Answers customer/client requests or inquiries concerning services and products and reports problem areas.
- Utilizes various systems and tools to initiate to assist and service customers.
- Continually maintain a working knowledge of all company products, services, and promotions.
- Make recommendations according to customer’s needs.
- Utilize operational systems to process purchases of all products and services.
- Administer system functions on all opening, closing, and balancing procedures according to finance guidelines.
- May perform other related duties and responsibilities as assigned and/or required.
- Solid problem-solving skills for the purpose of determining and solving customer billing issues
- Strong verbal skills and phone skills for the purpose of gathering data for problem-solving and for communicating results to customers.
Who We Need:
- Contract position into a potential full-time role.
- Must be tech-savvy – desktop and mobile.
- Must be active on social media- Facebook, LinkedIn, Twitter, etc.
- Not shy; the job will require you to introduce yourself to people on the street and at our events.
- Friendly, easy to talk to, and customer service oriented.
- Willing to learn new things; job may require learning new technologies.
- Dynamic, tenacious, energetic and coachable.
- You’re able to combine analytical thinking with interpersonal skills to manage and expand high-quality partnerships.
- Autonomous – You not only enjoy but thrive in open environments.
- Naturally curious and innovative. Extremely creative and constantly looking for ways to improve upon things.
- Your mind is a steel trap. You follow through on your commitments and are incredibly attentive to detail.
- Punctual – Have the mindset of “If you’re 10 minutes early you’re on time. If you’re on time you’re late”.
- You are the point of contact for our parking asset owners and strive to ensure that every partner is as in love with ParqEx as we are.
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher.
- 2-4 years of relevant experience in one of the following fields Customer Support, Communications, and Business Administration.
- History of consistent professional growth and advancement.
- Experience working in startups is a plus.
- Track record of using creativity to drive success.
- Strong interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
- Ability to work effectively in a cross-functional dynamic team environment
- Ability to maintain a positive, professional demeanor at all times
- Attention to detail, ability to proofread
- Proactive mindset and minimum need for supervision
- Experience with CRM software (e.g. Salesforce) Major plus
The hired candidate will be expected to be the front line of answering incoming customer calls, connecting consumers to one another in order to aid sales, and will need to quickly have an expert understanding of the app as walking customers through step-by-step summaries will frequently be required.
A pleasant personality and interpersonal skills are a must. You will be – for all intents and purposes – the voice of the company.
At this time, ParqEx will not sponsor a new applicant for employment authorization for this position.
ParqEx is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity in the workplace. ParqEx promotes a drug-free workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to gender, race, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, or disability status.
ParqEx will consider for employment qualified applicants with a criminal history in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable laws regarding criminal background inquiries, including, to the extent applicable, Article 23-A of the New York Correction Law; San Francisco, California Police Code Article 49, Sections 4901-4920; Newark, New Jersey Ordinance 12-1630; and other applicable federal, state, and local laws and regulations regarding criminal background inquiries.
Job Types: Full-time, Contract
Pay: $12.00 - $30.00 per hour
- Flexible schedule
- Paid training
- Work from home
- Monday to Friday
- On call
- Weekend availability
- Do you have experience providing customer service via PHONE?
- Do you have experience providing customer service via EMAIL?
- Do you have experience providing customer service via CHAT?
- Do you have experience working with any CRM (ZenDesk, Freshdesk, etc.)?
- High school or equivalent (Preferred)