The Sous Chef of Food and Beverage is responsible for directly managing operations within a defined region of the park. The Sous Chef must direct proper guest service, food quality, outlet sanitation, labor cost productivity, performance documentation, revenues and area revenue per cap, inventory control and cash control.
- Ensures standards of quality and presentation are met for all locations, while controlling production, waste and spoilage.
- Creates and manages schedule based on budgeted attendance and business needs.
- Ensures that staff is well trained and follows all safety and sanitation standards, and in compliance will all local, state and federal laws.
- Develops and implements menu items, recipes and product presentation and introduces standards of quality with presentation.
- Performs ordering while maintaining inventory levels. Prepares annual budgets and monitors progress of budget plans.
- Recruits, interviews, hires and trains divisional staff as needed.
- Ensures the availability of all needed materials and equipment for efficient operation of the department/division.
- Adheres to and enforces all Cedar Fair and specific Park policies and procedures, including safety, attendance and EEO policies, and demonstrates commitment to customer service in all aspects of employment.
- Other duties may be assigned.
- Ability to manage multiple facilities, foods and logistics distribution development.
- Knowledge of knives, major kitchen production equipment and bakery and pastry work.
- Basic computer skills, including Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word.
- College or culinary training or extensive cooking and production experience.
- California Food Handler Certificate.
- Ability to pass a mandatory (or random) drug test, per Company policy, unless prohibited by state or provincial law.
- Ability to pass a background check, if 18 years of age or older, which may include, but is not limited to, credit, criminal, DMV, previous employment, education and personal references, per Company policy, unless prohibited by federal, state, or provincial law.
- Ability to work nights, weekends and holiday periods to meet business needs.
Interested applicants should apply online at https://jobs.cedarfair.com/job-detail/7926013/sous-chef-santa-clara-ca/
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $50,410.00 to $63,015.00 /year