FACILITY MANAGEMENT - MAINTENANCE
245 work days per year
$21.65 - $23.19 per hour
Essential Functions and Objectives:
The L2 Carpenter constructs, erects, installs, and repairs structures and fixtures of various materials in accordance with local building codes. The essential functions include:
Knowledge, Experience & Other Qualifications:
- Installs and repairs structures and fixtures using a variety of materials (e.g., wood, steel, plywood).
- Performs demolition work of walls and doorways (e.g., moving, tearing down walls, door entry’s), and reconstructs or installs new framework.
- Marks, shapes, assembles, fastens work materials.
- Verifies accuracy of repairs using related tools (e.g., level, square).
- Repairs and constructs District sub-flooring (e.g., gym floors including underlayment).
- Frames and constructs walls and doorways using drywall and wood/steel stud framing.
- Installs or repairs cabinets, partition walls, stairs.
- Applies shock-absorbing, sound-deadening, and decorative paneling to ceilings and walls.
- Repairs and installs ceilings
- Fits and installs prefabricated window frames, doors, doorframes, weather stripping, interior and exterior trim, and finish hardware (e.g., locks, kick plates, closers, panic bars,), and installs locks.
- Installs or repairs white boards, chalk boards, tack strips, hand rails, coat racks, countertops.
- Evaluates repairs; modifies and performs repairs using blueprints; and considering building codes (e.g., UBC) and standards.
- Reviews work orders, prioritizes, and determine supplies for repair and purchases supplies using District purchase order system.
- Communicates and coordinates with staff at work site and with other shop staff.
- Diagnoses repairs; modifies and performs repairs using blueprints; and considering building codes (e.g., UBC) and standards.
- Prepares and cleans up job site (e.g., erecting elevation structures) taking into consideration safety concerns of self and others (e.g., students, employees), and disposes of waste and flammable materials.
- Assists with snow removal efforts on a 24 hour on-call basis.
- Responds to emergencies 24 hours a day, 7 days a week.
- Minimum of four (4) years related experience
- Must have and maintain a valid Driver's License and meet District insurability standards.
- High school diploma or equivalent.