You can make a salary. Or you can make a difference. Or you can work as a Product Management Specialist at Herman Miller and make both.
About this Opportunity
As a Product Management Specialist, you'll gather information and compile and analyze product or program data in support of a product line or program decision making.
What You'll Do
You'll have opportunities to speak up, solve problems, lead others, and be an owner every day as you...
Sound Like You?
- Act as a liaison between critical areas within the company and the program or product category.
- Assist in the appropriate training of internal and external audiences.
- Assist in developing programs around the promotion and awareness of a particular product category or program.
- Make product cost, pricing, sales, margin, or mix recommendations based on product information.
- Develop a level of product or program expertise and provide content and other input to various Marketing or other functional groups within the organization.
- Gather and compile information from various sources and regularly monitor product or program performance to category metrics.
- Maintain and update various electronic or printed marketing tools and collateral materials.
- Maintain a master list of the product or program for additions, changes, enhancements, or extensions requests.
- Perform additional responsibilities as requested to achieve business objectives.
- Provide a high level of Field Sales and Customer Care support.
- Take responsibility for appropriate updates, including proposing and prioritizing additions, changes, and maintenance of a specific program or product category.
You might be just who we’re looking for if you have...
Who We Are
- A Bachelor's degree in Marketing or Business Administration.
- One to three years of business experience.
- Sales, marketing, customer facing, contract furniture, or capital goods marketing experience (preferred).
- A strong sense of the customer and sales process with demonstrated customer and field interaction.
- Experience working in cross-functional team environments.
- Outstanding written and oral communications skills.
- Demonstrated leadership potential and market research experience (preferred).
- Strong analytical and project management skills.
- A willingness to travel to customer sites.
- A demonstrated ability to effectively use the office automation, communication, software, and tools currently being used in the Herman Miller office environment.
- The ability to perform all essential job functions of the position with or without accommodations.
At Herman Miller, our unique culture represents the collective attitudes, ideas, and experiences of the people who work here. We focus on protecting the environment, impacting our communities, exceeding the expectations of our customers through high quality products, and championing diversity in all areas of the business, and together we are on a journey toward a better world. We support the well-being of our employees in and outside of work by providing a variety of opportunities including award-winning work-life integration resources, development programs, complex health and wellness offerings, and much more.
Herman Miller is a globally recognized provider of furnishings and related technologies and services. Headquartered in West Michigan, we have relied on innovative design for over 100 years to solve problems for people wherever they work, live, learn, and heal.
Herman Miller is committed to diversity and inclusion. We are an equal opportunity employer including veterans and people with disabilities.
Employee Status: Regular
Primary Location: United States-Michigan-Holland