Are you a Chicagoland (IL) resident who's currently unemployed, working under 32 hours a week, or working outside your professional field or expertise? Apply for this role through Skills — we support you through the interview process and connect qualified candidates directly with hiring managers at our network employer partners. These leading local and national companies are committed to hiring diverse talent through Skills.
Hiring Company: Ulta Beauty
Ulta Beauty is the largest beauty retailer that provides one-stop shopping for prestige, mass and salon products and salon services in the United States. Ulta Beauty provides affordable indulgence to its customers by combining unmatched product breadth, value and convenience with the distinctive environment and experience of a specialty retailer. Ulta Beauty, through its stores and ulta.com, offers a unique combination of over 20,000 prestige and mass beauty products across the categories of cosmetics, fragrance, haircare, skincare, bath and body products and salon styling tools, as well as salon haircare products. Ulta Beauty also offers a full-service salon in all of its stores. Founded in 1990 and headquartered near Chicago, Ulta Beauty employs more than 16,000 associates.
Position Summary: Task Associate
Energized by full shelves, easy to shop aisles, and a clean store. Do you have a passion for the details and elevating processes? As a Task Associate at Ulta Beauty, you are passionate about delivering operational and process excellence that support sales drivers to ensure that everything in the store is fully stocked and ready to “wow” guests and influence peers.
Principal Duties and Responsibilities (*Essential Functions)
- Keeping fixtures stocked with merchandise, maintaining overall store cleanliness, and completing tasks as assigned.
- Ensuring all tasks are executed as planned and product is available for purchase.
- Supporting store management by following process and procedures and completing tasks.
- Managing task dashboard and ensure the timely completion of all operational processes, including the shipment and replenishment processes of goods, merchandise sets, and inventory counts and procedures.
- Contributing to an inclusive environment that supports teammates, peers, and the internal and external guests served.
- Participating regularly in ongoing training, including timely completion of daily digital trainings, to enable continuous professional development and drive sales performance.
- Completing merchandise resets, planograms, marketing displays, physical inventory procedures, and processing shipment using Ulta Beauty’s technology and best practices.
- Ensuring assigned work area is replenished, signed, and faced, and ensuring testers are available.
- Maintaining outstanding store standards and overall store cleanliness including salesfloor, restrooms, cashwrap, backroom, and break area.
- Ensuring compliance by being knowledgeable of Ulta Beauty’s policies, procedures, and standards.
- Helping eliminate and/or reduce potential theft of product by providing exceptional guest service and maintaining awareness while on the sales floor.
- Executing other operational tasks as directed.
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g., POS system and Apple devices)
- Ability to work independently and as part of a team
- Ability to problem solve
- Work a flexible schedule to include days, evenings, weekends, overnights, and holidays
Multiple locations throughout the Chicagoland area
Job Type: Part-time
Pay: $15.00 - $19.00 per hour
- Employee assistance program
- Employee discount
Weekly day range:
- Monday to Friday
- Weekends as needed
Ability to commute/relocate:
- Chicago, IL: Reliably commute or planning to relocate before starting work (Required)
- Do you currently live in the Chicagoland area in Illinois?
- Are you currently unemployed or underemployed (working under 32 hours/week or outside your professional field)?
- Do you have availability to work weekends?
- Are you at least 16 years old?
- Customer service: 1 year (Preferred)
Work Location: In person