Jackson Lewis P.C. is a law firm with more than 800 attorneys in major cities nationwide serving clients across a wide range of practices and industries. Having built its reputation on providing premier workplace law representation to management, the firm has grown to include leading practices in the areas of government relations, healthcare and sports law. The firm’s commitment to client service, depth of expertise and innovation draws clients to Jackson Lewis for excellent value-driven legal advice. The Firm is ranked in the First Tier nationally in the category of Labor and Employment Litigation, as well as in both Employment Law and Labor Law on behalf of Management, in the U.S. News - Best Lawyers® “Best Law Firms”.
This position is located in Pittsburgh, PA, and reports to the Office Administrator.
The legal secretary will work with multiple litigation attorneys providing a full range of support, including, but not limited to, preparation/revision of correspondence, pleadings and documents; calendar maintenance; various office and client filing and electronic transcription.
The successful candidate is a very organized, multi-tasking, detail-oriented team player possessing at least 3 years recent legal secretary experience, including electronic filing.
- Engage in the work of the attorney by demonstrating knowledge and status of current cases and projects, utilizing available resources in order to achieve.
- Provide support to attorneys in employment litigation matters and backup support as needed.
- Answer phones and communicate with clients on a daily basis.
- Act as liaison between internal departments and outside agencies.
- Prepare/revise correspondence, pleadings, documents and other clerical assignments as directed.
- Handle a wide variety of complex and confidential time-sensitive material.
- Run conflict checks and open new client engagements as requested.
- Maintain calendars, CLE, reports and time records.
- Book and organize travel arrangements including flights, hotels, transportation, make changes to reservations as needed.
- Maintain docketing.
- Transcribe electronic dictation, and schedule depositions.
- Handle various office and client filing; proofreading documents.
- At least 3 years recent legal secretarial experience supporting litigators within a law firm.
- Familiarity with state and federal rules and procedures.
- Solid understanding of technical legal terminology as well as court filings.
- Experienced with trial preparation and briefs.
- Punctual with excellent attendance.
- Proficient with generating Tables of Authorities.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, as well as excellent proofreading skills.
- Ability to multi-task, and timely respond to deadlines as well as balance workload.
- Knowledge of Office Suite 2016 a plus, including Outlook, Word, Excel, and PowerPoint.
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work well in cooperative, small office environment.
- Communicate with attorneys, and support staff on every level.
- Typing 65+ wpm.
- Law firm billing software a plus.
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 year college degree preferred.
Job Type: Full-time