Director of Investigative Accounting and Economic Crimes Investigations
The Office of the Queens County District Attorney is currently seeking a Director of Investigative Accounting and Economic Crimes Investigations to oversee the Office’s investigative accounting and related economic crimes effort aimed at protecting the community from fraud, abuse, and other related criminal activity. The Director of Investigative Accounting and Economic Crimes Investigations will be responsible for a variety of tasks in support of ongoing financial investigations including, but not limited to:
- Directing and supervising investigative accountant and financial analyst staff in conducting confidential economic/financial crime investigations and prosecutions
- Overseeing staff in gathering documentation and evidentiary material
- Conducting detailed analysis of banking, credit card and other financial documentation related to ongoing investigations and prosecutions
- Preparing records for use in investigations, prosecutions and trials
- Serving as a liaison with outside agencies including the IRS, the New York State Department of Taxation and Finance, and other federal, state and local law enforcement agencies, as well as banking and credit card institutions.
- Representing the District Attorney at meetings, hearings or other events
- Advising the District Attorney and Executive staff on the development and implementation of strategies to address economic crimes in Queens County
- Performing other duties as requested by the District Attorney or Executive staff
- A baccalaureate degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of full-time, satisfactory administrative, managerial experience in management, in Business or Public Administration, Accounting, Auditing or a related field, and 8 years of full-time paid professional accounting or auditing experience, including two (2) years in Criminal Justice or a related field.
- Education and/or experience equivalent to “1” above.
Applications should include a cover letter and resume and can be e-mailed to QDAHR[@]queensda.org or faxed to (718) 286-6905.
Comprehensive benefits package including health insurance, 401K and more. Salary commensurate with experience.
The Office of the Queens County District Attorney is an equal opportunity employer with a strong commitment to the diversity of our organization and workforce.
Job Type: Full-time