Under general supervision, Performs tests in laboratory using standard techniques and equipment in a manner that provides accurate, timely, and meaningful results
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Prepare instruments with prepared reagents and stains, following standard laboratory formulas and procedures.
- Maintain detailed records of tests performed and report laboratory test results to appropriate personnel; recognize Quality Control shifts and trends and take appropriate action whenever necessary
- Maintain records that demonstrate that proficiency testing samples are tested in the same manner as patient specimens
- Proper storage of specimens after testing performed and properly discarded according to regulatory standards
- Communicate with support staff, clients and supervisors about procedural matters and problems in a timely manner
- Calibrate and perform routine maintenance on test equipment, clean and sterilize laboratory equipment, glassware and instruments, maintain laboratory supply of chemicals and glassware; perform routine maintenance on equipment.
- Perform recheck analysis on selected positive samples to maintain reliability.
- Enter test results and data from analysis into computer
- Monitor work of technicians and Laboratory Assistants, and assist in the training of new personnel
- Perform tasks as requested by laboratory management Education and Experience:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Medical Technology, Chemistry, Biology or one of the natural sciences from an accredited institution
Minimum 1 year of experience in a toxicology laboratory
Experience with Olympus AU 640/680/2700/5800 running toxicology screen is required
Experience with LCMS/MS required.
Required Knowledge Skills and Ability.
Comprehensive knowledge of professional medical technology/clinical laboratory science principles, practices, concepts, and theories providing for sound independent work.
Comprehensive knowledge of laboratory quality control and assurance procedures and principles Knowledge of laboratory equipment and ability to maintain, troubleshoot, and repair instrumentation.
Ability to plan, organize, set priorities, work as a team member and effectively complete assignments.
Ability to use independent technical judgment to analyze and interpret laboratory results.
Ability to read, interpret and apply complex written instructions.
Ability to communicate, consult, and interact with other members of the team, external relations, and client service, building positive and effective relationships.