Canopy Growth has already pushed the industry forward in Canada, and now we’re looking to do the same in the United States. Our mission to be the No. 1 hemp company in the U.S. means we need incredible people to join us and help break down barriers.
With millions of square feet of licensed production, and operations spanning five continents, Canopy Growth is the largest legal producer of hemp in the world. It is a listed company on the Toronto Stock Exchange (WEED), the New York Stock Exchange (CGC), and is part of the S&P Composite Index.
Canopy Growth recognizes that employees are at the core of our success, and we take pride in a corporate culture that emphasizes inclusiveness, collaboration, and diversity. Our employees come from a wide range of backgrounds, each bringing their own unique skills and talents to the table, working together to continue and increase our incredible momentum of growth. We are excited to be expanding to the United States, and want to continue hiring a diverse group of people in our American offices.
The Project Manager, Hemp Cultivation will be a crucial player within Canopy Growth’s various site activities. This individual will be a detail-oriented leader, who possesses strong planning and exceptional communication skills, who can work both independently and collaboratively with numerous teams. The key to success in this role will be the ability to collaborate and communicate effectively among teams, vendors and contractors through all stages of a projects life-cycle; and to be able to effectively manage project dependencies, team and stakeholder relationships, and the ability to tackle, escalate and resolve issues creatively while ensuring desired delivery.
- Drive all strategic initiatives in a collaborate and purposeful manner
- Responsible to support new cultivation business opportunities, development and proposals to the operations and projects team
- Provide project leadership and support to team members, functional managers, and work closely with stakeholders
- Facilitate interdepartmental project communications, both verbally and through electronic means
- Ensure individual project conformance with overall company objectives including budget management
- Analyze project proposals to determine time frame, budget control
- Work with project team members to ensure that all initiatives have clear success criteria and an execution plan (including resources)
- Prepare project specifications, work plan, estimate timeline and costing with the help of respective Managers
- Coordinate project related activities across all relevant departments
- Willing to travel to all locations within the US
- Other duties as required
- MBA or other relevant University experience
- Engineering degree and/or PMP Certification considered an asset
- Hemp Cultivation and/or agricultural experience considered an asset
- Demonstrated ability to deliver under pressure in an environment where priorities can conflict
- Prior experience leading projects through all stages of life-cycle, from inception through implementation
- Experience preparing and presenting business cases
- Must be able to clearly explain technical issues and constraints to non-technical people in both verbal and written communication
- Experience working with off-site project team members is an asset
- Excellent communication skills
This is a full-time position based out of Denver, CO.
We appreciate the interest from all candidates, and promise to review all applications, but we will only be contacting those who best fit the requirements. If you don’t hear from us, don’t fret; every resume we get is kept in our database for six months for consideration in future searches for talent.
Canopy Growth welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities.
Accommodations are available upon request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process.
One last note:
the chosen applicant will be required to successfully complete background and reference checks.
Thank you so much for your interest in Canopy Growth.