Reports to: Director of Analytics, SVS PSO (Patient Safety Organization)
Status: Part-time (non-exempt) with potential for transition to full-time status.
Date Revised: 6-29-20
The statistician role will support and contribute to the overall analytical efforts of the SVS Patient Safety Organization (PSO).
What you’ll bring to the job (Requirements)
- Highly motivated, enthusiastic, autonomous, results-oriented mindset
- Attention to detail, quality of data, and the accuracy/validity of generated analytical results
- Excellent written and oral communication skills, including the ability to convey statistical principles to colleagues with varying functional specialties and backgrounds; experience contributing to, or authorship on, health/biomedical publications is a plus
- Strong commitment to teamwork and quality
- Strong organizational/prioritization skills, including the ability to meet deadlines on multiple projects
- At least one of the following education and experience combinations
- Master’s degree in statistics or bio-statistics with 0-2 years of experience
- Bachelor’s degree in statistics or bio-statistics with 2-4 years of experience
- Master’s degree or PhD in health research, epidemiology, public health, social sciences, or other quantitative discipline with 2-4 years of strong quantitative/statistical training or experience
- Significant skill and experience manipulating large datasets with ‘R’
- Significant skill and experience in both descriptive and inferential statistical analysis, including logistic regression and survival analysis; knowledge of multilevel/hierarchical modeling and longitudinal/repeated measures analysis is a plus
- Experience in writing ‘R’ functions and scripts to automate various processes, analyses, and reports; knowledge of ‘R’ Markdown is a plus
What you’ll own (Responsibilities)
- Verify validity, accuracy, and completeness of SVS PSO blinded datasets
- Provide routine data quality checks and devise/implement data quality rules for the development and execution of an overall data integrity plan
- Compile proposed changes to data entry forms and interface with data vendor to implement improvements and enhancements
- Provide statistical analysis for SVS PSO programs and publications, including internal and external studies and special projects
- Assist and evaluate national research projects performed within the SVS PSO, as well as national or regional research projects conducted with blinded datasets derived from the SVS PSO
- Participate in virtual meetings and teleconferences and prepare written responses as needed
- Write and review statistical sections of manuscripts, documents, and clinical study reports
- Provide support for future SVS PSO capabilities including the development of reports, dashboards, risk-calculators, and other innovative data feedback mechanisms
Physical Requirements & Environment
Typical office setting with routine sitting and occasional standing. Routine use of basic office equipment and computer. Occasional local and out of town travel is required for this position. Occasional evening and/or weekend work maybe required based on business needs. Routine telecommuting is allowed.
SVS offers a comprehensive and competitive recognition and reward program. We believe in professional staff development. We know that our investment in employee growth provides even greater potential for them to contribute to our organization, each other, and the community at large.
About the Society for Vascular Surgery
The Society for Vascular Surgery advances the care and knowledge of vascular disease, which affects the veins and arteries of the body, to improve lives everywhere. It counts more than 6,000 medical professionals worldwide as members, including surgeons, physicians and nurses. For more information about vascular health and the society, please visit www.vascular.org.
The Society for Vascular Surgery is an Equal Opportunity Employer.
Job Type: Part-time
- Employee Assistance Program
- Employee Discount
- Flexible Schedule
- Paid Time Off
- Rosemont, IL 60018 (Preferred)
Hours per week:
This Company Describes Its Culture as:
- Detail-oriented -- quality and precision-focused
- People-oriented -- supportive and fairness-focused
- Team-oriented -- cooperative and collaborative
Company's Facebook page:
- Only full-time employees eligible
- Temporarily due to COVID-19