This is a temporary grant-funded position – should financial funding for this role be discontinued at any time or cease beyond the duration of the two-year grant period, the position will no longer remain active.
Swedish Hospital’s Violence Prevention Program aims to:
increase the capacity of health care providers and staff to identify and respond to domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual assault; respond with compassionate, trauma-informed and culturally competent care, support and referrals; and to prevent these forms of violence through education, awareness-raising and advocacy. Data Assistant of the Violence Prevention Program will be responsible for assisting Program Manager with data entry and tracking. This position is funded through a three-year (10/01/2018- 9/30/2021) grant from the Department of Justice, Office of Victims of Crime (OVC).
- Demonstrates a commitment to the mission of Swedish Hospital and demonstrates a service orientation while
adhering to all responsibilities and standards of the Hospital.
1. Assist with maintenance of Violence Prevention Program monthly data tracking log.
2. Review records in Electronic Medical Record for metrics required for grant data reporting.
3. Enter data into Excel tracking log.
4. Compile monthly, quarterly and semi-annual data summaries.
5. Use utmost discretion in handling of sensitive patient information regarding issues of domestic violence, human trafficking and sexual assault;
6. Prepare materials for submission to granting agencies and foundations;
7. Provide ready access to data for project supervisors;
8. Perform other duties as assigned.
PATIENT CARE/AGE SPECIFIC RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
QUALIFICATIONS/BASIC JOB REQUIREMENTS
- High School diploma or equivalent required.
- Proficiency in MS Office required, specifically MS Excel
- Experience working in a time-sensitive environment with limited supervision
- Strong attention to detail; results oriented
Comfortability with reviewing domestic violence, human trafficking, and sexual assault cases
INTERNAL AND EXTERNAL CONTACTS
Reports to Manager, Violence Prevention Program
Potential exposure to airborne diseases. The same as for any individual working in a hospital environment that is dependent on a ceiling ventilation system for in flow and out flow of air.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by employees assigned to this classification and the specific functions of the individual occupying the position of.
High School or better.
Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities
The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information. 41 CFR 60-1.35(c)