**Zone Program Assistant (Part-Time)
The Salvation Army, an international movement, is an evangelical part of the universal Christian church. Its message is based on the Bible. Its ministry is motivated by the love of God. Its mission is to preach the gospel of Jesus Christ and to meet human needs in His name without discrimination.
The Zone Program Assistant will work with the Zone Program to ensure that the Zone Academy fosters academic, creative, and athletic development in a positive and safe environment.
The Zone program assistant will help in the program's daily activities, provide transportation to and from field trips, assist in daily snack service, as well as daily set-up and clean-up of program activities.
- Assist Zone Program Coordinator to deliver a quality learning experience.
- Provide academic support and structure to youth during program.
- Supervise and instruct youth in order to maintain program policies and create an effective, healthy, and safe environment at all times.
- Participate in leadership, planning, and execution of enrichment programming.
- Individually lead and manage large groups of youth effectively.
- Lead and support Zone program volunteer tutors effectively.
- Establish appropriate boundaries to initiate and build healthy mentoring relationships with students.
- Maintain positive working relations with other staff, Salvation Army representative, volunteers, parents and children.
- Transport students on field trips, camp, and other outings as needed.
- Support and uphold all Zone program policies.
- Clean up at the end of the day and set-up for the next day’s activities.
- Observe children; recording observations on how to better serve each child and family.
- Responsible for adhering to all policies and procedures and reporting for Protect The Mission.
- Support The Salvation Army’s Christian mission and philosophy.
- Report any suspected child abuse matters immediately to your immediate supervisors.
- Other duties as assigned.