Field Service Engineer
** Candidates should/must be local to the Phoenix, AZ or Reno, NV markets **
Are you ready to work with a purpose? At ABB, you can be sure you’re helping to create a better world. Together, we will work with technology across the full electrical value chain from substation to the point of consumption, enabling safer and more reliable power.
ABB Power Solutions is seeking a Field Service Engineer to perform routine professional level tasks or assist with more complex assignments involving the installation, modification, test or repair of Company products and equipment.
Typical duties/responsibilities for field service may include, but are not limited to, the following:
• Perform routine engineering activities associated with various field projects. Assist with the more complex installation, start-up, test, modification and repair work. Monitor progress and quality, and inform senior engineer of problems
• Compile operational data, compare with predicted performance and determine variations. Analyze nature and scope of routine problems and provide information for resolution. Maintain detailed records and logs
• Utilize computer programs for various engineering, administrative, and office procedural purposes. Perform calculations and provide pertinent data and information
• Participate in, and assist more experienced engineers involved in a variety of field operations, in order to gain experience and a better understanding of field service responsibilities. Assist in providing direction to crafts people
High School Diploma with 7+ years of experience with Power Electronics or related field;
Associate Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or similar engineering degree with 5+ years of experience with Power Electronics or related field;
Bachelor Degree in Electrical Engineering, Electronic Engineering or similar engineering degree with at least 3+ years of experience with Power Electronics or related field
• This position will support the Phoenix, AZ market
• Motor Vehicle Report - requires clean driving record
• This position requires 50-75% travel with the majority being within a designated territory
• Ability to work independently
• Strong communication skills
• Ability to adhere and follow all company safety standards
Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action at ABB
ABB is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) and Affirmative Action Employer encouraging diversity in the workplace.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, creed, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, citizen status, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, marital status, family medical leave status, or protected veterans status. For more information regarding your (EEO) rights as an applicant, please visit the following websites:
As an Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action Employer, applicants may request to review the Affirmative Action Plan of a particular ABB facility between the hours of 9:00 A.M. - 5:00 P.M. EST Monday through Friday by contacting an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762.
Protected veterans and qualified individuals with a disability may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to use or access ABB's career site as a result of your disability. You may request reasonable accommodations by calling an ABB HR Representative at 1-888-694-7762 or by sending an email to US-AskHR@abb.com. Resumes and applications will not be accepted in this manner.
Seattle, Washington, USA
Business Unit Protection and Connection
Service and Maintenance