Midwest Veterinary Supply:
is seeking a Receptionist: for our Fort Wayne, Indiana branch.
Serve our employees, customers, and vendors by promptly answering the telephone and redirecting the call to the appropriate recipient in a courteous and professional manner. Assist our visitors by greeting, welcoming, making sure the visitor signs in, and notifying the company personnel of the visitor’s arrival. Perform miscellaneous office tasks as assigned.
Essential Job Functions::
Job Requirements & Qualifications::
- Answer the phone promptly and direct the caller to the appropriate recipient. Manage calls that are forwarded to busy lines, on hold or in a and ring back hold.
- Take messages as needed and deliver in a timely fashion.
- Keep abreast of who is absent, unavailable, and/or in meetings to the best of ability.
- Serve all visitors by greeting them through the intercom, welcoming the individual once beeped in, having the visitor sign in (including handing out a badge to each visitor), and notifying the company personnel of the visitor’s arrival.
- Perform other miscellaneous duties as assigned, which may include: scanning, filing, posting and delivering mail, folding and stuffing invoices and statements, Accounts Payable invoice entry, maintenance of Personnel roster or any other miscellaneous projects as assigned.
- Perform other duties as assigned.
- Must be able to perform each essential function satisfactorily
- A high school diploma or equivalent (GED) required
- Minimum of six months experience as a Receptionist (with multi-line phone system and general clerical experience) is preferred
- Ability to read, write, and speak English
- Ability to read and interpret documents such as safety rules, employment policies, operating
instructions, and procedural manuals
Mental & Physical Demands::
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Strong organizational skills and the ability to multitask
- Must be self motivated and able to work independently
- Attention to detail to assure accuracy
- Regular interaction with people, team-player
- Daily deadlines may result in a fast pace of work
- Potential for stress related to typical problem resolution processes
- Continuous use of hands for writing and computer keyboard
- Vision: close vision, distance vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus
- Frequent use of a telephone – listening and speaking
- Ability to work at a desk throughout the day
Job duties and requirements for a Receptionist may be subject to modification to reasonably accommodate individuals with disabilities. Requirements are representative of the minimum levels of education, experience and skills required to perform the essential functions of this job. The job description does not constitute a written or implied contract of employment. Midwest Veterinary Supply reserves the right to revise or change job duties and responsibilities as the need arises.
Regularly uses multi-line phone system and typical office equipment including computer keyboard and
terminal, fax and copier.
Work is typically performed Monday through Friday in an office environment. Working more than 40 hours
per workweek may be required.
We offer competitive pay and a comprehensive benefits package for a Receptionist including Medical and Dental insurance, Life and Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) insurance, Short- and Long-Term Disability insurance, a 401k plan, paid holidays, and Paid Time Off (PTO). Our work environment is business casual and we like to have fun with weekly relaxed dress days, monthly breakfasts and birthday celebrations, and regular events like holiday contests, cookouts, and employee appreciation celebrations.
Midwest Veterinary Supply, Inc. (MVS) has provided quality service and merchandise to the veterinary profession since 1961. Our products are distributed from eight branches located in key geographic locations within our trade area. We take great pride in getting our orders out the same day as called in and having the product in the customer's hand the next day. MVS carries products and equipment from most major manufacturers. As we continue to grow, our goal will be, as it has always been, to provide the veterinary profession the very best in service along with quality merchandise at fair and competitive prices.
Midwest Veterinary Supply believes in providing equal employment opportunities for all employees and will not violate any law prohibiting discrimination for or against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of any characteristic protected under local, state, or federal statute, ordinance, or regulation. To view applicable employment notices, please visit our Careers page at www.midwestvet.net/about/careers.