- 2+ years of Computer Hardware, including troubleshooting and repairing
- 2+ years of Linux Operating Systems experience
- 2+ years of Computer Networking experience
All physical requirements are expected with reasonable accommodations. - Candidates should be able to lift up to 50lbs and or work in elevated locations.
- Ability to work in an environment that operates 24/7 with an ability to participate in on-call rotation and provide after-hours support as needed
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is looking for Data Center Technicians to join our rapidly expanding team. The position will help ensure overall availability and reliability to meet or exceed defined service levels of data center operations. This position involves hardware and network diagnostics followed by physical repair and may include participation in an on-call rotation.
All candidates should be willing to work both independently and with a team. Work prioritization, organizational skills, effective communication, and the ability to react quickly are critical to being successful. In addition to hardware and network repair candidates will install equipment, create documentation, innovate solutions, and fix complex problems within the Data Center Space.
- Previous experience working in a Data Center environment
- Experience managing work and priorities through a ticketing system
- Understanding of network design, protocols and troubleshooting.
- Experience in problem solving and addressing customer service related issues by working with the customer and other internal teams
- A Bachelor’s Degree, or 4+ years of professional or military experience in an IT related field.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation