Serve as coordinator of marketing for the nationally recognized men’s and women’s ice hockey programs while assisting in all other aspects of the Providence College Athletic Department, including the marketing of men’s and women’s basketball, as well as Olympic sports.
1. Develop and implement marketing plans and promotional programs that will increase overall attendance, revenue, and exposure for the top tier men’s and women’s hockey programs. Oversee and direct game presentation efforts, including in-game promotions, fan giveaways, game atmosphere, videoboard operations, PA announcer, and direction of graduate assistants, students, and volunteers for assigned sports. Maintain regular communication with coaching staff and department staff members in formulating the marketing plan for assigned sports. Manage PINK OUT Friartown, the athletic department’s efforts to raise breast cancer awareness at all sports.
2. In conjunction with the Friar Ticket Office, develop strategies to focus on selling tickets to men’s ice hockey games/events and further promote the women’s ice hockey program. Collaborate with the Friar Ticket Office managers on establishing new and innovative concepts/ideas for the ticket office to implement. Oversee email marketing and social media efforts, including creative production, content development, and scheduling for assigned sports.
3. Create and implement student marketing strategies in an effort to increase attendance at all Providence College athletic events. Advise student leadership groups, the Friar Fanatics, and work to increase school spirit and student engagement at all athletic events. Work with Student Affairs and various campus contacts to engage the student community and enhance student support at all athletic events, including but not limited to, student tailgates, pregame gatherings, fan buses, dorm storms, food distribution, giveaways, etc. Organize special student events including but not limited to, orientation and Accepted Students Day.
4. Assist the Assistant AD in the development, management, and allocation of the athletic marketing budget, with a strong focus on the men’s ice hockey promotional budget.
5. Organize and execute a strategic plan for the Friars Kids Club. Maintain and grow Kids Club membership. Collaborate with the SAAC Executive Board to increase student athletic involvement. Oversee waivers and liability of children in the club.
6. Identify new and emerging industry trends, research and implement new advertising and promotional opportunities. Attend conferences and conventions when necessary.
1. Perform all other duties as may be required.
Education and Experience Required
- Bachelor’s Degree preferably in marketing or a related field from an accredited institution required
- Two years’ experience in an athletic marketing role or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Experience with Adobe Suite (especially Photoshop)
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, etc.)
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, as well as skills in working independently
- Proven organizational skills as well as the ability to prioritize and complete assignments
- Ability to receive constructive feedback on a regular basis
- Sitting in a normal seated position for extended periods of time
- Reaching by extending hand(s) or arm(s) in any direction
- Finger dexterity required to manipulate objects with fingers rather than with whole hand(s) or arm(s), for example, using a keyboard
- Communication skills using the spoken word
- Ability to see within normal parameters
- Ability to hear within normal range
- Ability to move about