- Bachelor's Degree
- Master's Degree
- Microsoft Powerpoint
- Business Analysis
- Epic Certification
The Epic Clinical Business Analyst,-Grand Central/Cadence under varying levels of direction and expertise, is responsible for the on-going assessment, design, and development and implementation of corporate –wide clinical systems.
Specifically, collect and transform large quantities of information into meaningful business requirements; develop and modify requirements documentation for the design and implementation of clinical information systems; critically evaluate information from various sources, distinguish user needs from actual business needs and partner with business users, project managers, programmers, consultants and IT leadership in optimizing the scope, benefits and risks of actual and proposed projects as well as assist in managing stakeholder expectations.
PRINCIPAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Analyze and document business requirements and processes; communicate requirements to technical personnel through the construction of basic conceptual data, process models and flowcharts, and technical specifications.
- Interview end users, stakeholders, and project sponsors in order to assess business and clinical needs; create business, functional and technical requirements documents based on captured data and in accordance with departmental protocol/standards.
- Convert information gathered into details including data sources, data and user types, interface components, interface navigation needs, reporting needs, and administrative system needs.
- Define external interfaces, constraints, quality issues and other non-functional requirements.
- Provide project management team with identified risks, concerns, and ambiguities discovered during the gathering of requirements; assist team in developing solutions.
- Partner with project managers to complete requirements documentation in accordance with project schedule.
- Plan, organize, facilitate, and lead meetings and workgroups as well as oversee and execute follow-up activities.
- Ensure software development team accounts for all defined requirements in coordination with quality assurance team. Ensure that all quality standards comply with internal policies and industry standards.
- Document changes to baseline requirements through standard change control process. Document software test plans, technical requirements, release notes, user and training guidelines and other materials.
- Plan, coordinate, and support unit acceptance testing and subsequent deployments in coordination with other team leaders.
- Perform end user and application support functions including problem solving and resolution of application function defects. Provide systems and application training.
- Develop and execute project presentations.
- Participate in special projects as required.
- Provide training to and serve as a mentor for Junior Clinical Business Analysts and/or other appropriate project team members; manage and evaluate work products for assigned team members.
- Participate in the development of various departmental training initiatives.
- Interview Junior Clinical Business Analysts and/or other appropriate project team members.
- Due to the responsibilities of your position, you will be required to work beyond your regularly scheduled hours.
- QUALIFICATIONS / EXPERIENCE/ DEPARTMENTAL
- Bachelor’s Degree in related field with five (5) years of related experience or Master’s Degree with one (1) year of related experience or an advanced clinical degree
- A satisfactory combination of education, training, and experience.
- Specialty certification(s) issued by a national commercially available program, state, professional society, academic or technical institution in an area(s) listed above, may be credited on a month-to-month basis toward the required work experience for a total of one year.
- Clinical experience (RN, PA, Pharm D) (Preferred)
- Epic Care Ambulatory certification preferred. Epic Certification is required within the first 6 months of appointment to continue employment.
- Strong desktop skills (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Visio).
- Participate in special projects as needed and perform other duties as assigned
- Must be able to work independently as well as work as part of a fast moving team
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited college or university and five (5) years of experience gathering and documenting business, clinical, and/or functional requirements using interviews, document analysis, workshops, surveys, site visits, business process descriptions, scenarios, business analysis, task and workflow analysis or related in a clinical, allied health, non-allied health, behavioral health, information technology, information services, business, analytics or related area
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $115,000.00 to $140,000.00 /year
- Clinical Business Analyst: 3 years (Preferred)
- Business Analysis-Grand Central/ Cadence: 3 years (Preferred)