The Bimbo Bakeries USA Marketing Co-Op program is a dynamic 6-month program that affords students a remarkable opportunity to participate in fast-paced real world projects designed to further develop strategic project management, analytical problem solving, and managerial leadership skills. Mentors will be designated to guide Co-Op collaborations and project work in each area. Marketing Co-Ops support Bimbo Bakeries in the development and execution of marketing plans.
Key Job Responsibilities:
Key Behavioral Competencies:
- Learn and use internal and syndicated databases to provide weekly and monthly brand performance reports to leadership to influence future business decisions.
- Plan and execute offline consumer promotion efforts, including cross-brand initiatives, external partner programs, couponing and packaging updates.
- Work closely with brand team to align messaging and creative with the strategic brand positioning.
- Coordinate the implementation of online consumer promotion efforts, including website and e-mail consumer communications.
- Develop a full year’s pipeline of content and creative updates to support offline consumer promotions.
- Work with internal IT group to ensure appropriate functionality exists for efforts.
- Support Brand Manager in day-to-day creative agency management and internal legal & management approvals.
- Develop strategy and rationale for new brand initiatives, including justification for investment needed (e.g. marketing expense).
- Monitor and report on each programs’ results, making recommendations for future promotions.
- Act as a passionate advocate for the Brands in every way possible.
- Work closely with agencies and cross- functional partners, including sales and operations, on implementation of marketing programs.
Education and Work History:
- Strong verbal and written communication skills. Candidate should be capable of initiating and maintaining strong interpersonal relationships
- Demonstrated analytical skills with ability to generate business insights from diverse data sources
- Ability to organize and prioritize work, juggle several projects at once.
- Self-motivation and a desire to learn a very interesting and challenging industry
- Ability to work in a team work environment to achieve outlined business objectives
- Currently enrolled in a Bachelor’s Degree Program in Business Administration, Marketing, Communications or other related major
- Previous co-op/internship experience preferred
- Experience/familiarity with all Microsoft applications (Microsoft Word, Powerpoint, Excel, and Outlook)
US Residency or Green Card required.
Relocation is not available for this position
Bimbo Bakeries USA is an equal opportunity employer with a policy that provides equal employment opportunity for applicants and employees regardless of race, color, religion, disability, gender, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, or any other classification protected by law. This policy applies to all aspects of employment, including recruitment, hiring, promotion, compensation, reassignment, layoff, discharge, education, training and all other working conditions. To further the principle of equal employment opportunity, Bimbo Bakeries USA has developed affirmative action plans for minorities and women, qualified individuals with disabilities, and Vietnam-era and special disabled veterans and other protected veterans.