As the Investment Accounting Manager, you will manage a team of professionals assigned to record and reconcile investment transactions and balances from both.
Kemper has a broad range of investment types/classes, including fixed income (corporate, tax-advantaged, CLO, MBS, ABS, private placement), equity (publicly traded, private, common, preferred), and alternative investments (mezzanine debt, hedge funds, co-investments).
You will lead efforts to automate various processes by developing a deep understanding of source data and end user needs, and then assisting in the design, implementation, and oversight of solution.
- Reviewing security valuations, including more simplistic Level 1 and 2 as well as a variety of more complex Level 3 (matrix modeling, enterprise value, waterfall).
- Participating in periodic management discussions on investment performance and results, including reviewing securities for impairments.
- Drafting investment-related MD&A and reviewing quarterly and annual disclosures for both 10-K/Q and statutory filings.
- Creating and performing adhoc queries and analyses.
- Planning, implementing and testing investment system upgrades and enhancements.
- Monitoring investment procedures and internal controls, including re engineering processes using best practices.
- Training and mentoring staff.
- Serving as a key resource for special projects with the ability to both lead as well as provide meaningful contributions.
- BA/BS degree in Accounting/Finance. CPA is a strong plus.
- 5+ years of investment accounting/auditing leadership experience (public and/or
- Experience with SEC reporting and insurance statutory accounting is highly desirable.
- Experience with eFront, Workday ledgers, Workiva (wDesk), Blackline, Wings, and software robots are a strong plus.
- Progressive thinking skills, a strong work ethic, and a knack for innovative solutions.
- Excellent communication skills to interact with varying levels of management and professional staff.
- Strong attention to detail required.
- Strong analytical, organizational, and time management skills.
- Ability to identify, analyze and solve accounting and operational issues.
- Intellectually curious, analytically strong, and embracer of change.
- ZR -GD -IN - LI