Job Description Summary
- Location: St. Louis MO
- Pay: 33-38/hr
- Shift: M-F 1st
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Perform all plumbing, electrical, or HVAC requirements of the building(s)
- Maintain heating equipment, chillers (air and/ or water cooled), DX units, pumps, cooling towers, fan coil units, VAV, and air distribution systems, etc.
- Monitor and adjust all mechanical/pneumatic equipment, steam stations, control gauges, distributor panels, valves, thermostats, diffusers, and other equipment necessary to provide a comfortable environment for the buildings
- Verify field conditions and perform any necessary repairs or adjustments
- Monitor Energy Management
- Repair doors, ceilings, hand railings, and floors and other general repairs, adjustments and installations about the property
- Perform repairs to plumbing fixtures (water closets, urinals, flush valve assemblies, lavatories, etc.)
- Perform preventive maintenance duties in accordance with C&W standards, building protocol, manufacturer recommendations and industry best practices. including changing filters, cleaning coils, flushing condensers, punching tubes, greasing fan, pump and motor bearings as required, inspecting and adjusting belts, replacing motor bearings, aligning pulleys and shafts, monitor condenser, chilled, heating and secondary water chemical treatment and its associated feed equipment, clean and maintain cooling towers, and perform annual inspections and other scheduled routines as directed.
- Inspect engine room equipment, fan room equipment, cooling tower, all motors, house pumps, electric rooms, back-up generator, fire pump(s), sump pump(s), and ejector pumps. Replace lamps, light fixtures, reinstall or replace signage, verify rooms are clean and clear of obstructions and debris
- Check for properly operating emergency exit signs and lights and ensure free and clear access to emergency stairs and exits. Perform additional fire and life safety inspections as per NFPA and local jurisdiction, C&W standards, building protocol and as directed by superiors and property management
- Technical Proficiency
- Sense of Urgency
- High School Diploma of GED Equivalent
- Graduate of apprentice program or trade school preferred
- 5+ years of related work experience in operating mechanical, electrical, and plumbing systems in a commercial property setting
ADDITIONAL ELIGIBILITY QUALIFICATIONS
- Appropriate license/permit for trade as may be required, i.e. Journeyman or Master Electrician License or City Licenses, such as Refrigeration Certificate of Fitness, High Pressure Boiler License, High Pressure Steam Operator, etc.)
- May be required to have certification as a Universal Technician for CFC’s depending on market licensure requirements
- Possess and maintain a valid driver’s license and good driving record with periodic checks (where applicable)
- Basic Computing Skills in Outlook, Excel & Word
- Experience in operation, maintenance and basic repair of HVAC, boilers, heaters, pumps, refrigerant systems, compressors, water systems, etc.
- Knowledgeable in energy management systems, techniques and operations.
- Thorough knowledge in all building systems operations, maintenance and repair.
May be only maintenance staff member on duty during certain shifts; may be required to work extended periods of time without relief when responding to priority/emergency situations (including overtime type assignments); may require shift work and/or on call duties
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as computers, phones, photocopiers, filing cabinets and fax machines. Regularly required to travel outside between properties in varying weather conditions.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job.
- Must have ability to stoop, stand, climb, frequently lift a minimum of 50 lbs. of equipment (pumps, tools, ladders) and safely install rigging/lifting devices
- Regularly required to crouch and reach to install/move equipment by bending forward at the waist or by bending legs and spine
- Involves movement between departments, floors, and properties to facilitate work
- Ability to speak clearly so others can understand you
- Ability to read and understand information presented orally and in writing
- Regularly required to utilize vision abilities, allowing reading of printed material, drawings, and schematics
C&W provides equal employment opportunity to all individuals regardless of their race, color, creed, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by state, federal, or local law. Further, the company takes affirmative action to ensure that applicants are employed and employees during employment are treated without regard to any of these characteristics. Discrimination of any type will not be tolerated.
This job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive list of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee. Other duties, responsibilities and activities may change or be assigned at any time with or without notice.
Job Type: Full-time
Pay: $33.00 - $38.00 per hour
- 401(k) matching
- Dental insurance
- Employee assistance program
- Flexible spending account
- Health insurance
- Health savings account
- Life insurance
- Paid time off
- Referral program
- Retirement plan
- Vision insurance
- Day shift
- Monday to Friday
- MEP: 5 years (Preferred)
- Commercial: 5 years (Required)
Work Location: In person