This is the job description for ASSISTANT GENERAL MANAGER
Job Title: AGM - Room/Ops
Department: Administration & General
Company: Dimension Development
Reports To: General Manager
Supervises: Front Desk Manager, Security Supervisor, Executive Housekeeper
Job Description Date: May 1, 2014
Job Purpose: To maintain the rooms, engineering and security departments of the hotel, maintaining established revenue, cost and quality standards. To act as liaison between General Manager and department managers. To meet or exceed hotel budget, guest satisfaction guidelines and franchisee expectations.
1. Oversees development of new programs that result in an increased level of guest satisfaction
and operational excellence. Receives and responds to guest complaints in a timely manner.
2. Ensure that daily inventory is managed to maximize all potential room revenue and ensure that
budgeted room revenues are met.
3. Generate an atmosphere that provides security and safety for all internal and external guests.
4. Establish and maintain cost control systems for all rooms-related inventories. Participate in
the development of short term and long term financial and operational plans for the hotel.
5. Supervise an ongoing maintenance program, which includes the internal and external areas of
the hotel. Readily meets all financial obligations and safety regulations.
6. Monitor and maintain the property specific cleanliness guidelines.
7. Oversee transient & package advertising opportunities and ensures hotel participation in brand
8. Ensure high associate morale by rewarding team members who meet or exceed guest
9. Oversee implementation and development of all training programs.
10. Maintain compliance with all local, state and federal laws and regulations, directly involved
with all hiring and disciplinary decisions.
11. Other duties as assigned.
1. Computer skills including word processing, spreadsheets & familiarity with brand specific
Property Mgmt Systems.
2. Excellent communication, presentation and listening skills.
3. Ability to read and interpret business records and statistical reports.
4. Ability to use mathematical skills to interpret financial information and prepare budgets.
5. Ability to analyze and interpret policies established by administrators.
6. Ability to make decisions based on production reports and similar facts, your own experience,
and personal opinion.
Job Qualifications: Describe the minimum qualifications needed to complete the job responsibilities.
Education Bachelors Degree in Hotel Management, Business or related field
Experience 2 years supervisory experience in operations with 2 years line level operations experience, and 2 years of direct sales or retail trade experience; OR, an equivalent combination of educ. & exp.