Serve God and Country as a U.S. ARMY RESERVE Chaplain!
YOU HEARD A HIGHER CALLING. NOW DISCOVER A MISSION.
You're already busy in the life of your faith community. You have a clear calling where you currently serve, but you want to serve your nation. Why not expand your ministry right where you are without moving and serve our nation's Army Reserve? As a Reserve Chaplain, you'll be a preacher, a teacher, a counselor, and a Citizen-Soldier. You'll serve the spiritual needs of the people in your community without leaving your current vocation.
- Low-cost dental and life insurance
- Paid continuing education
- Travel opportunities, including humanitarian missions
- Commissary and post exchange shopping privileges
- Flexible, portable retirement savings and investment plan similar to a 401(k)
- Privileges that come with being an officer in the U.S. Army
- Training to become a leader in your field
- CH Loan Repayment Program of $20,000 for 3 years of service toward repayment of Master’s Degree
- You must obtain an ecclesiastical endorsement from your faith group. This endorsement should certify that you are: A clergy person in your denomination or faith group; Qualified spiritually, morally, intellectually and emotionally to serve as a Chaplain in the Army; Sensitive to religious pluralism and able to provide for the free exercise of religion by all military personnel, their family members and civilians who work for the Army.
- Educationally, you must: Possess a baccalaureate degree of not less than 120 semester hours; Possess a theological graduate degree of at least 72 semester hours.
(Opportunities also exist for those interested in Active Duty Chaplaincy or the Chaplain Candidate program for qualifying Seminary students)
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time
- Master's level Theological degree 72+ semester hours? (Required)