The Finance Coordinator helps facilitate financial matters of Mount Sinai Institute for Advanced Medicine (IAM) services and programs, particularly in the area of special funds/grant award reconciliation and other areas of support. Is cognizant of the philosophy, standards, objectives and policies of the Department and the Hospital Center. Finance Coordinator also assists the Finance Manager with the processing of accounts payable invoices, purchasing transactions and cash deposits. Additionally, s/he will perform other fiscal and operational tasks and special office projects as assigned.
Role and Responsibilities:
- Coordinates continuous improvement of accounting and financial processes with the goal of achieving best financial practices.
- Helps sustain financial policies and processes that meet IAM'S business and operational needs.
- Coordinates development of a system of tracking and monitoring finances related to special funds.
- Ensures thorough monitoring of IAM special funds and grant awards including monthly reconciliation of budget versus actual expense and revenue.
- Monitors and reviews SOA for accuracy in salary distributions, FTE status and expenditures.
- Actively monitors grant vouchering/invoicing of funds on consistent basis.
- Works collaboratively with Grants Manager to secure funds as needed.
- Coordinates reconciling of variances between SOA's and IAM's financial reports.
- Helps facilitate preparation of monthly and grant YTD financials for Special Funds with accompanying analysis of results.
- Coordinates preparation of cash journal entries and performs follow-up to ensure proper handling by Finance.
- Performs all scheduled and ad hoc reporting requests in a timely manner.
- Supports IAM's financial management team, as needed.
- Supervises Finance Administrative Assistant on all finance support tasks as needed.
- Bachelor's Degree required. Master's Degree in Business Administration/Finance preferred.
- Expertise in financial management, preferably in a healthcare setting.
- Strong communication skills and attention to detail.
- Ability to supervise work of administrative support staff.
- Advanced knowledge of financial reporting tools/software applications such as QuickBooks and Excel.
Submit cover letter and resume.
Job Type: Full-time
- Finance: 1 year (Preferred)