Provides technical assistance to retailer technicians through the Technical Help Line using best practices, hands-on experience, research, and judgement. Provides recommendations for repairs for customer, retailer, and fleet vehicles to resolve the condition being reported. Creates or updates North Star cases when repair or troubleshooting suggestions are provided to retail employees. Responsible for continued learning and improvement of skills through instructor-led and web-based training classes and required to maintain Automotive Service Excellence (ASE) Certification. Provides technical assistance to Customer Advocacy Department (CAD), Parts Information Coordinators (PICS), Claims and other internal departments. Completes special projects.
LOCATIONS: Huntersville, NC or Frederick, MD
- Provides technical assistance to retailer technicians to aid in the repair of customer conditions. Ensures that all cases are properly documented in North Star, including diagnosis, suggestions, troubleshooting, and final repairs.
- Oversees resolution of priority and difficult issues as they relate to repair and troubleshooting of the Subaru product. Leverages resources and hands-on experience to identify and provide recommendations and rational course of action to retailer staff.
- Collects information and data then applies professional understanding, knowledge, and judgement to determine the correct course of action. May guide a retailer on a course of action that could have potentially significant repair costs.
- Follows up on their open/pending cases to ensure repairs have been completed.
- Ensures that assigned special projects are completed in a timely manner.
- Determines which cases should be escalated to the District Service Quality Manager (DSQM) or District Parts & Service Managers (DPSM) when additional information has not been supplied, the vehicle has been in two (2) times or more or is ten (10) days out of service for the condition presented by the customer with the goal of improving customer retention and satisfaction.
Stays current on latest conditions/repair suggestions, troubleshooting and diagnostic information through regular communication with teammates and other departments. Shares new information with the team.
- Analyzes Subaru Select Monitor data files to identify problems. If necessary, works with North American Subaru, Inc. (NASI) to a resolution unless it is determined it is a normal operating characteristic.
Participates in bi-weekly meetings with the other Technical Service Representatives to review new or updated information provided by Field Quality Assurance (FQA) or NASI. Presents an overview of interesting, difficult, or upcoming issues being reported by the retailers.
SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Ability to multi-task.
- Strong conflict resolution and creative thinking skills.
- Strong organizational and time management skills.
- Strong background in hands-on automotive repair and diagnosis.
- Ability to work in a team environment with varying shifts.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills and the ability to communicate to all levels of internal and external contacts.
Ability to develop a course of action and communicate to retailer staff via phone or email.
EDUCATION/EXPERIENCE: AA/AS with 4-6 years of relevant experience; must be a Subaru Master Technician
CERTIFICATION/LICENSE REQUIREMENTS: Automotive ASE Certifications A1-8, L-1, L-3
JOB GRADE: P1
FLSA STATUS: Nonexempt
SALARY RANGE: The recruiting base salary range for this full-time position is $65000 - $76000. Within the range, individual pay is determined by factors, including job-related skills, experience, and relevant education or training.