This is a 1 year contract on a project at the National Institutes of Health that involves implementing a mobile friendly interface, as well as making general UI improvements, for an existing enterprise system. There will be ample opportunity to work on other projects and turn this into a multi-year contract.
The position is full time (40+/hours per week) and 100% telecommuting, however you must be located in the greater DC metro area to be considered.
Rate is negotiable and will be based on experience. 1099 or Corp to Corp only.
- 4+ years experience as a front-end/UI developer
- Extensive experience with a demonstrable track record in using the following methodologies and technologies: Angular, CSS, mobile UI development
- Experience with design/UX is a big plus
- Design and write clean, self-documenting code
- Coordinate development tasks with other team members
- Write system/technical documentation
The candidate must be self-motivated and disciplined to be able to work with minimal direction and supervision. As all of the work will be done remotely the hours on this project are very flexible. The work will require coordination with other team members and the candidate generally needs to be reachable during regular business hours.
Job Types: Full-time, Part-time, Contract
Pay: $50.00 - $65.00 per hour
- 8 hour shift
- Monday to Friday
- The job requires undergoing a onboarding/badging process that cannot be done remotely. Are you able to come to Bethesda, MD several times at your own expense to complete this process? If the answer is no, please do not proceed with the application process.
- High school or equivalent (Required)
- Angular: 4 years (Required)
- CSS: 4 years (Required)
Full Time Opportunity:
Hours per week:
This Job Is:
- A job for which all ages, including older job seekers, are encouraged to apply
- Open to applicants who do not have a college diploma
- Remote interview process
- Virtual meetings