Accurately obtains pre-authorizations for medical visits and procedures to ensure payment for services rendered.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Review provider’s schedules to identify required authorization for office visits, procedures, durable medical equipment, or medication.
- Responsible for obtaining all insurance authorizations either online or by phone.
- Identifies and resolves authorization queries/problems.
- Communicates with payees to answer questions and provide additional supporting documentation for authorizations.
- Performs additional duties including but not limited to faxing information as required, generating retroactive authorization requests, and verifying medical eligibility.
- Performs other duties as assigned by supervisor.
Qualifications and Skills
- High school to Associates degree.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Experience with EHR systems (eClinic Works a plus)
- Strong organizational, problem-solving, and analytical skills.
- Ability to manage priorities and workflow.
- Demonstrated ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, and percentages.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is frequently required to do the following:
- Perform some repetitive motion activities.
- Sit for long periods of time.
Medical/Dental/Vision benefits after 60 days
Job Type: Full-time
- High school or equivalent